May 08, 2024, 06:12:30 am

Author Topic: Strange Protection Stone glitch.  (Read 1598 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Strange Protection Stone glitch.
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »
I'm not sure if this is really happening or people are making it up. But it seems a vast variety of people have complained that upon breaking a placed protection stone, they get the original drop item instead of the protection stone. For example: If they had a diamond protection stone broken, they would get a diamond rather than the ore. Same goes if they had a coal protection stone broken, they would receive the coal item yet not the protection stone.

I myself have never truly tested it out so I would not know if this is fake or not. However, it seems a lot of people are coming to me or a mod or some other trusted, and every one of them is confused on why this happens. I think sometimes even logblock cant show it was destroyed (I happened to see on chat that a mod was tending to this very problem and logblock had no history of the destruction of the stone....only placement of it).

Just thought I'd put this out there for an admin or Optical to check out, since it seems its a rather recent issue some people are facing. Perhaps you can determine if this is truly happening or not.

vinniefalco

• View Profile
Re: Strange Protection Stone glitch.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »
Something is definitely wrong with pstones. Because when I'm standing next to one of mine, "/ps allowed" says "No fields found." Fortunately I read the forum regularly so I knew not to mine it.

This is a showstopper - not only can people get griefed even with a pstone in place, but if you mine the stone you lose it.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:59 pm »
I'm not sure if this is really happening or people are making it up. But it seems a vast variety of people have complained that upon breaking a placed protection stone, they get the original drop item instead of the protection stone. For example: If they had a diamond protection stone broken, they would get a diamond rather than the ore. Same goes if they had a coal protection stone broken, they would receive the coal item yet not the protection stone.

I myself have never truly tested it out so I would not know if this is fake or not. However, it seems a lot of people are coming to me or a mod or some other trusted, and every one of them is confused on why this happens. I think sometimes even logblock cant show it was destroyed (I happened to see on chat that a mod was tending to this very problem and logblock had no history of the destruction of the stone....only placement of it).

Just thought I'd put this out there for an admin or Optical to check out, since it seems its a rather recent issue some people are facing. Perhaps you can determine if this is truly happening or not.
Some one already made a post about this.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:54 pm »

ahh I'm sorry I was not aware of this other post. Was this exact problem stated in it?

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 11:07:57 pm »

ahh I'm sorry I was not aware of this other post. Was this exact problem stated in it?
Urm...i'll post you the topic :P

Edit: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,8368.0.html
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
Ah alright thanks. But it seems it does not state the problem above (which was that you don't get your protection stone upon breaking it).

If you would like, I can move my post to that thread and have this one deleted.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:14:01 pm »
No, its alright. Yours is stating the glitch. :)
Holy balls.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »
No, its alright. Yours is stating the glitch. :)
Alright  :)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:22 am »
I have shed some light into the situation as well, so it is, indeed, a fact.

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,7472.msg73111.html#msg73111