June 16, 2024, 10:09:38 am

Author Topic: Suggestion for shops  (Read 3044 times)

Jericho

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
Suggestion for shops
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »
Yo, Jericho here. I think that shops should be able to set up buy and sell signs, like in the market. This would make it infinitly easier for shop owners, and shoppers. Since probably all of us have had the experience of going to a shop, and the owner isn't there. You wait for 15min, and it turns out he/she isn't even on. If my suggestion would take place, then we wouldn't have to wait, we could just click on the sign, and buy or sell the item instantly. This suggestion would revolutionize player owned shops. please take this suggestion into consideration; as a shop owner, I personally know this would be a welcomed update.

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion for shops
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:22 pm »
The only problem with that is that non shop owners can put a sign saying " diamond ore: free and get a whole bunch of free diamond protection or something like that

Jericho

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:30:41 pm »
The only problem with that is that non shop owners can put a sign saying " diamond ore: free and get a whole bunch of free diamond protection or something like that
thedude114, I didn't explain fully what I ment. What I was meaning was that you could link the sign to your chest or something that can hold your items. Not just free items. Since it's a player owned shop, the resources would be player owned as well.

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »
I think this is a good idea, but I'm not sure how it would work
maybe if you had a chest/sign bound together so that if you have on item in a chest you can place a sign to sell a quantity of that item

problem with that is sign has to verify that what is listed is being sold

or maybe you can open the chest but not take the items out, and the sign would be a quantity and a price

has potential, i like it.

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

minerman12321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »
Sorry but I think the current shop way is fine

Tree Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:35:41 am »
A great idea.   There are a bunch of problems with it (as are being pointed out), but the ability to buy or sell stuff when someone isn't online would be awesome.   Imagine coming back online and seeing your account balance up a couple thousand.  Sweet.

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »
I thought this idea was good, but the market signs are hooked up to the server. I don't think any of the admins get paid and I doubt that the server owner gets paid by it. He would be rich one second and poor the next. So if this would happen there would have to be a major overhaul of the minecraft economy settings.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »
This idea has been suggested tons of times. The fact is that it all never happen because this is a survival server and Optical wants to keep it as vanilla as possible. Good idea though  :)

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:36:47 pm »
I know i'm new to this server but in this short time here i noticed that SMP has become large trading community and need for personal shops is normal at this stage.....i know this is survival and i appreciate optic's choice to keep it this way but isnt trading sort of survival itself.
Dont get me wrong i love the game and this server is way better then all others i visited in last year but trading/buying from others can be little tricky and some griefers takes advantage of flying drops in trade proces (not much,but it happens) if not in isolated room.ChestShop plugin or similiar would make trading faster and safer.
Only bad thing is that more people will avoid visiting market and more buy from cheaper stores.
However i like server and will keep playing on it no matter what changes will come or wont come :-)

P.S: Sorry all if my grammar isnt perfect cos english isnt my native :-D

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21:18 pm »
This has, indeed, been suggested multiple times-- each with a same or similar decision.

The reason why we don't want to add too many plugins to the server is because many of them are fairly heavy-duty-- that constitutes to more sophistication and lots of configuration, which would equate to more lag.