May 06, 2024, 10:27:36 am

Author Topic: New rule  (Read 1805 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
New rule
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:03:45 pm »
I have talked about this before, but this:

Also I would like to request you change your name as some people could take offence to it

finally made me decide to create a new topic.

At the moment (Unless anything has changed in the last week I have been inactive), there is no rule about names.
Doesn't this mean that someone could have a racist, or nazi, or just an offensive name (Along the lines of "Fuckshitcrap").

I think there should be some boundary from a joke name, which could be offensive, but isn't that bad, to an unacceptable name.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
Re: New rule
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:34:53 pm »
I understand what you are saying, some names can get offensive, but I think that since minecraft doesn't let you change your username, I think that it is going to far to ban people due to their name. If the person's actions fit their name then punishment would be justified

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:41:40 pm »
I understand what you are saying, some names can get offensive, but I think that since minecraft doesn't let you change your username, I think that it is going to far to ban people due to their name. If the person's actions fit their name then punishment would be justified
If their name is inappropriate, we will not hesitate to ban them. I guess it we could use that as a rule but we rarely get users with those sorts of names.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:53:41 pm »
These people do have a choice when they make their account, and if they choose to make offensive names then that is their problem.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 07:38:16 pm »
If their name is inappropriate, we will not hesitate to ban them. I guess it we could use that as a rule but we rarely get users with those sorts of names.

There are many unsaid rules, which "are" rules, but are not listed in /rules. It would just be useful to throw these in, to stop any players complaining in the future that they didn't know if they are banned for it.