May 23, 2024, 10:11:51 pm

Author Topic: Local Chat  (Read 2249 times)

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
Local Chat
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:45 pm »
I made a post about this in the classic server, but it would be even better for the SMP server
Original thread: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,8217.0.html
"The chat box gets really annoying when there are too many people talking all at once. It's hard to read conversations that you are trying to follow since there is so much being said all the time.
Maybe you could implement a local chat so that you can only see player chat within a 75 block radius or so?
that would clear up the chat, and add a calmer, more pleasant feel to the server."

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Local Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 12:08:55 am »
We do plan to add this in the future.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:17:37 am »

Really Nick?  So would this be forced upon every player or would ppl have the choice to choose local chat/global chat?  Would it also be possible to split ppl into groups to have private group conversations and things like that?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:41:12 am »

Really Nick?  So would this be forced upon every player or would ppl have the choice to choose local chat/global chat?  Would it also be possible to split ppl into groups to have private group conversations and things like that?
Well we are wrapped up in a few other things but right now the plan is everyone will start in a local channel and then can go to the global channel.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Dagony(Nima_ilz)

• I do it selfer becareful to kill want i will count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:57 am »
Bash craft have this only player's near 100 blocks around you can read it.And you can hear them too.Its called the Clanchat plugin.Its not very new.But oke
Code: [Select]
[c=g]aromaloader 1.4.4[/c]
[linksync=www.onlineatm.to[/link]
[load=above[/load]
[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n639/Mr-jar-jar-binks/skinloaderAjax.png[/IMG]

[color=purple]please set an source code
aroma loader=active

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:32:03 am »
Bash craft have this only player's near 100 blocks around you can read it.And you can hear them too.Its called the Clanchat plugin.Its not very new.But oke

No. That just gets annoying as you can't talk to your friends.
I would prefer a system where everyone starts in global chat, but you can have a command to switch to local, which would have coloured text but only 100 blocks or whatever.

If you started in local, newbies would freak that nobody could hear them (Once they got a little away from spawn).

minerman12321

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:39:05 pm »
That would be really helpful. I have tried to have a talk with someone but nearly all the time the chat-bar is being spamed  :(

Tree Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 03:30:48 am »
I love the idea of having the option to do this.  Most of the time I'd want global to see what's going on, but when I'm running around with someone in a mine (or whatever), it would be great to switch to local.  Great idea.