May 06, 2024, 10:25:33 am

Author Topic: MC Giftcode Giveaway  (Read 4245 times)

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
MC Giftcode Giveaway
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:24:48 pm »
On a later date, I will be running a MC Giftcode Giveaway. The origanal giveaway post was deleted. I am waiting till I have more things worked out until I start out again.

Special thanks to DJAlphaWolf for defending me on the initial post from a bunch of skeptics.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:22:29 am by KCB38 »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: MC Giftcode Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:54:01 pm »
Supported. Good luck ;D

Edit: I thought you were only doing it for Opticrafters lol. I know you would never scam people but the problem is that to the guy that's arguing with you, it looks fishy. He doesn't know if you are raising money for your own code or for others. That's why he's skeptical. The fact that he doesn't know you like we Opticrafters do, gives him more reason to suspect you. I'll see if I can think of something to convince him but I think you should have started small, and left a thread on Opticraft. If you got successful enough on Opticraft, then you could move on to the bigger MCForums. Oh well. :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:45:11 pm by DJAlphaWolf »

Unholy_Gibbon

• The Nocturnal Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »
Yeah I agree with DJ, I would keep it to opticrafters for now, especially considering how you haven't even got a code for yourself yet. I think your thread got deleted on the minecraft forums, the link doesn't work.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:23:25 pm »
Yeah I agree with DJ, I would keep it to opticrafters for now, especially considering how you haven't even got a code for yourself yet. I think your thread got deleted on the minecraft forums, the link doesn't work.
Ya not sure if KCB had it deleted or a mod did.

It was more of an argument than a positive thread about giving codes, so I think it's for the best that it got deleted for now.

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:19:33 am »
The reason that I am not doing the giveaway on Opticraft is because I have been told that I can not ask people to help me raise money. I can not have anything like ad-fly or App Trailers. I have been told that I must earn all the money myself. That is why I was trying to do it on MC Forums. There is no changing it, for Optical has spoken.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 01:47:54 am »
I would like to enter in the giveaway, please point me to where I can do so.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:33:08 am »
I would like to enter in the giveaway, please point me to where I can do so.

The Giveaway has been postponed for now. I will let you know when it is started.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 02:44:52 am »
We have decided that you can not use the opticraft forums to gain money no matter what you are going to spend it on.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:09:22 am by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:02 am »
We have decided that you can not use the opticraft forums to gain money no matter what you are going to spend it on.

I recognize this as I have already talked to Optical. I know the restrictions that have been set on this if I run this from Opticraft. However, as I am only one person and I can only produce so much money, I have decided to run this charity out of MC Forums. I will merely provide a link to the post. I believe I am correct that this forfills your requirements, and if I am wrong, please inform me. I do jot in any way wish to go against the wishes of Optical, nor any admins.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 06:01:31 am »

I recognize this as I have already talked to Optical. I know the restrictions that have been set on this if I run this from Opticraft. However, as I am only one person and I can only produce so much money, I have decided to run this charity out of MC Forums. I will merely provide a link to the post. I believe I am correct that this forfills your requirements, and if I am wrong, please inform me. I do jot in any way wish to go against the wishes of Optical, nor any admins.
Posting a link here would be pretty much the exact same thing as posting it here. So we cannot let you do that either, sorry.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 06:12:47 am »

Posting a link here would be pretty much the exact same thing as posting it here. So we cannot let you do that either, sorry.

As long as the link goes directly to Minecraft Forums, and not through adfly or whatever, I don't see how it is earning money. It is exactly the same to someone else linking to Minecraft Forums, and the Opticraft user is not earning him any money via Opticraft itself.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 06:13:53 pm »
While that is true claw, the only difference between the two is that people here now have to click 1 extra link. So it is basically the same thing as posting it here.

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 06:43:30 pm »
While that is true claw, the only difference between the two is that people here now have to click 1 extra link. So it is basically the same thing as posting it here.

So are you saying that I can not have a banner supporting my cause as well? And second, may I simply inform others of the post, rather than provide a link? Or do I have to do it by word of mouth? Because I think Opticrafters have a right to know of an opportunity for them to recieve MC. It seems to me that you are saying I can not inform anyone on Opticraft of my giveaway unless I fund it entirely by myself.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »

So are you saying that I can not have a banner supporting my cause as well? And second, may I simply inform others of the post, rather than provide a link? Or do I have to do it by word of mouth? Because I think Opticrafters have a right to know of an opportunity for them to recieve MC. It seems to me that you are saying I can not inform anyone on Opticraft of my giveaway unless I fund it entirely by myself.
You can tell them where to do, we would just prefer that you didn't link it.

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 07:29:21 pm »
Ok thanks for clarifying. I dont want to do anything that would cause trouble, so Im trying to make sure I understand the rules layed down.