2 (8%)
Wii
1 (4%)
PC
13 (52%)
Other
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: What is your favorite gaming console?  (Read 5417 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
What is your favorite gaming console?
« on: March 30, 2012, 04:32:18 am »
Come on, we've all had that one gaming console that just had the best games ever, at least at one moment in our lives. Your friends would talk about it until you decided to buy it yourself, eager to play a game on this ultra cool console. They would frequently come over to your house to play a few games and you just adored that thing.

Mine was the Nintendo 64. My parents bought me one when I was about 7, and I loved that thing. I played the same games for countless hours ('Super Mario 64', 'Starfox 64', 'Quest 64', 'Star Wars Racer'(?), Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium). Ya I had a lot of N64 games to start with, :P. Over time, I had a larger selection of consoles (some I bought on my own from money I got on birthdays) such as the Gameboy Advance, PS1, PS2, then eventually PSP, and Xbox 360. However, despite my collection, I never resisted the urge to play some of those classic N64 games again (no matter how many times I played them). Sometimes I'd even buy a "new" n64 game for myself and was happy to try out something different. I'd buy GoldenEye, Army Men:Sarge's Hero's, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap, LOZ: Majora's Mask. My friends use to come when I was younger and mostly play Super Smash Bros, cause it had to be the most fun haha. Now it sits and gathers dust in my attic, but occasionally I'll take it out and play for a bit ;D.

Ya, I've been a pretty heavy gamer most of my life, but I guess everyone has their own interests in life. Now, minecraft is the main game for me, but when I'm not playing, I take a break from gaming and read a few books, go for a swim.

But anyways, what's your favorite console and what's your story? I'm sure we'd all love to hear :P.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:39:12 am by DJAlphaWolf »

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite gaming console?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:23:43 am »
The N64 by far.

It all started at my cousins' house, when I was about 7 years old. They were always playing games such as Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64, Starfox 64 etc. Everyday I would watch them play these magnificent games, killing things, solving puzzles, continuing a story, beating bosses, you know. I would sneak to play these games whenever they were at school and I just so happened to have a minimum day(different schools) and I was hooked. I would play these games so much and they would eventually end up letting me make my own "profile" on most of the games, so I wouldn't ruin their progress of their own. This continued for a few months until Christmas time, when I almost cried because my Mom said that video games were a waste of time. (You'll shoot your eye out, right?) Then, surprisingly enough, I yelled to the top of my lungs when I had unwrapped my very first game console ever. The Green Nintendo 64 in all it's majesty. I went on to gather a collection of around 30 games, all of which I remember clearly to this day. Those were the days, when top of the line graphics(at the time) completed the epic storylines and gameplay which have been corrupted to this day by games like Call of Duty. Those were the days when you didn't care about your K/D ratio. Those are the days that make me feel old.

(click to show/hide)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:39:49 am »
Could you make it so you can vote twice? :S I would have picked N64 and PC otherwise, but I eventually went with PC.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 06:53:10 am »
OMG!
Soooooo many different choices!
I can't decide!

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:19:18 am »
Wii FTW! I would choose pc otherwise. Was 3DS up there? And btw, I'm to young to even remember the N64 but *I'll always respect it for starting the nintendo craze off. Majora's mask is being release again for the 3DS soon as well.

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:05:29 am »
mine is a close tie between the PS1 and pc..
never owned a n64.. after the PS1 would have to come the SNES :)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 08:24:15 am »
Who. Chose. The. Wii..? >:(
*Throws Wii out the window*

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:58 am »
PC WINS :D

Unholy_Gibbon

• The Nocturnal Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:30:46 am »
I voted for Nintendo 64, I never actually owned one but I always used to look forward to playing it with my friend at his house. The number of awesome games on that console, many of which you listed DJ, have to make it the most definitive console. It took gaming from the 2D arcades to the 3D games we take for granted now.
It's basically the console responsible for getting me into gaming.
Consoles I own in the order I got them: PS1 - Gameboy Colour (pokemon blue ftw!) - Gameboy Advance - PS2 - Nintendo DS - X360 -Gamecube - Graphics card? :P

The gamecube I bought I got for the same price as the game that I bought it for. £30 for the cube, £30 for super smash bros melee.

I've been playing PC games since pretty early on but made the decision to get a decent graphics card to be able to play some new games rather than just Rome Total War and Age of Empires 2.

Kian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 12:14:43 pm »
Me...

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 12:36:13 pm »
I like them all, but if I had to choice...the Gamecube and the SNES. Gamecube: Because its a awesome system. and SNES: Because theres a really awesome game I like! :D
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »
Me...
LOL - I love using the Wii because I hacked it :D

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:17 pm »
PC is not a "console"
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 05:00:15 pm »
Atari :3
Probably the best Builder ever.

Kian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 05:14:22 pm »
Me...
LOL - I love using the Wii because I hacked it :D
You hacked the wii? How? Why? When?