May 28, 2024, 07:11:59 pm

Author Topic: Abandoned player made towns/cities  (Read 1640 times)

thedude114

• View Profile
Abandoned player made towns/cities
« on: March 29, 2012, 12:40:31 am »
No, this isn't a cool idea for something a person can do in the sever. This is a issue.

I lived in a non registered collection of houses a while ago. I was there first, with my hill house. Then my friends kingkirby101 and songhead came and built a walled collection of houses, with roads, farms, and a gate. Then griefs began happening. First my farm, then my hill house(It was for sale for only 2000!) then it began to happen more and more. Then everyone moved out.(I know songhead and kingkirby101 moved to some swamp) and now, it's a bunch of cobble stone walls in the middle of the wilderness(the greifers don't know that yet) :)

In fact, you can see this town by typing /home thedude114 and going away from the fence and towards buildings that are opposite of my house.

Also, is this a common issue? Or just this township? Anyways, this a effect of the greifer issue.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:04:36 am by thedude114 »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned player made towns/cities
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:24:45 am »
Nope, its common alright. When the server started, there were basically no griefers. Then griefs start happening, more and more often. One day, the grief is so bad the mod just can't fix it. At that point, the person normally moves out (I moved all the way near the world border).

It is a very big issue, as they look ugly.

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: Abandoned player made towns/cities
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:26:00 pm »
yes, but whole towns? I know that individual ruins can be found on the server, normally a house with no walls, just a door, and chests and whatever else is privacy protected.