May 02, 2024, 02:11:18 pm

Author Topic: (My) Diamonds for (Your) Protection Stones!  (Read 2149 times)

AncientCWS

• View Profile
(My) Diamonds for (Your) Protection Stones!
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »
Hey mates :)

I know some of you are more established than I am, and have huge farms / xp farms / money maker's like that.  I make a decent income off of my mining habits, but alas, I cannot sell my diamonds and diamond blocks to the market!

I figured I'd start trading my diamonds for protection stones.  I've been slowly increasing the amount of land I "own" and I think this would really help me out.

What sort of exchange rate would you "richer" players want?  What is the going rate for diamonds?  I can never seem to get anyone to answer a question in the game (although, to be fair, I generally only ask "any city or town owners online?", lol), so I'd love to know how much my diamonds are worth, and perhaps even who would be interested in buying them.

Thanks everyone.  Feel free to drop by and check out my home anytime.  I've got a small mausaleum, a tiki pool, a (big) tree-house, a mining hut, a wheat and melon farm, and an animal pen so far.  All on a beautiful piece of beachside land with one neighbor behind me and the ruins of a used-to-be-player that I'd like to remove in the front left.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope you have an awesome day.

vinniefalco

• View Profile
Re: (My) Diamonds for (Your) Protection Stones!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:19:48 pm »
Diamonds are often sold for $150 to $300. Sometimes I see higher prices but they don't do well. Considering that you can get 4 free diamonds per day, we can't expect the price of diamonds to be very high.

Coal ores can be sold back at /market with no loss (i.e. for $1,500) so an exchange of 5 to 10 diamonds for 1 coal ore seems reasonable.

The problem is that protection stones are much more highly valued than diamonds. Its easy to get diamonds (just dig at y=13.6), or vote every day. You have to figure that if someone took the time to farm cash and buy a pstone, they want the pstone for its abilities at protecting land. At what point is a player going to value the diamonds more highly than protecting their creations? I believe that the size of the user base who is looking to exchange a pstone for diamonds is quite small (to non-existent).

You would probably be better off selling the diamonds in exchange for cash and then using the cash to buy your pstones.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »
Try trading the gold, iron, and redstone from your mining rather than diamonds.
All your mine are belong to me.

AncientCWS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »
Makes sense, I hadn't really put that much thought into it.

I've already managed to buy 4-5 protection stones, both coal and lapis.  I'll keep grinding out until i get the few diamond ones that I need for my project :)

Thanks mate!