May 19, 2024, 06:05:47 am

Author Topic: Did a moderator turn off my PS while I was banned?  (Read 6914 times)

Stonefree777

• View Profile
Did a moderator turn off my PS while I was banned?
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »
Original Thread http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,7876.0.html

A week and one day ago, I was banned for griefing 289 Cobblestone blocks from my neighbor's home.

First of all, there's no way that I lifted 289 Cobblestone from that guy's little shack. He, rather rudely, built his house right in front of my tower. I didn't notice any change for a few days and assumed he had abandoned his construction. I griefed it. I admitted that in my Ban Appeals post. (Then was accused of denying it, not sure why hahaha)

Anyway, I think the mod that banned me, Nyssa, was adding the blocks I take from my tower with the amount of Cobble I griefed from my neighbor's house. Making 100 or so Cobblestone look more like 289.

But that doesn't matter, I wasn't going to dispute the ban or the amount of blocks taken. Nyssa locked the thread and it seemed like too much trouble. Besides, I was guilty of griefing the dude's house. I could live with not playing on Opticraft for a week.

One week later, I sign on and head to my tower.

Oh, look. My !@#%ing tower is gone. Totally destroyed.

Why is my tower gone? Why is my little obsidian/netherbrick/moss-stone pagoda gone? They both had protection stones and the pagoda was totally protected. So why are they gone?

Somebody must have deactivated the protection stones right?

Like, only a mod can do that. Right? T_T

Please help me figure out why my hard work was DESTROYED when had purchased expensive Protection Stones, fair and square.

(The moderator known as Hannotje restored my tower for me. But it's all messed up. Half the blocks are backwards, I'm missing some obsidian, etc etc.)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Did a moderator turn off my PS while I was banned?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »
When we ban someone, we undo their actions, that is most likely where your tower went.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:10:12 pm »
okay, i understand that. but "undoing my actions" doesnt involve disabling my protection stones. if i don't get help here i'll contact mojang or whoever. the cobble i lifted wasnt used in my tower and the obsidian, netherbrick, & moss stone were definitely unrelated to my ban. "most likely" isnt good enough when it comes to hours of my time

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:12:11 pm »
okay, i understand that. but "undoing my actions" doesnt involve disabling my protection stones. if i don't get help here i'll contact mojang or whoever. the cobble i lifted wasnt used in my tower and the obsidian, netherbrick, & moss stone were definitely unrelated to my ban. "most likely" isnt good enough when it comes to hours of my time
You misunderstand, we undo all of your actions within an area, that includes if you placed a protection stone. You griefed, you have to live with the consequences.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:15:02 pm by Nick3306 »

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 07:20:52 pm »
a moderator named Hannotje undid the grief on my tower. if you guys had undone MY actions in that area, the tower would be permanently gone but that isn't the case. he was able to restore it because it had been griefed, not undone by a mod. somebody (some mod) disabled my protection stones lol.

hannotje even said that a mod must have done it.

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »
if you don't want to help me out. i'll contact mojang or whoever. no big deal.

i payed for minecraft, i mined those materials myself. what you're saying makes no sense, since i didn't even build my tower on boxboi's land.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:40 pm »
a moderator named Hannotje undid the grief on my tower. if you guys had undone MY actions in that area, the tower would be permanently gone but that isn't the case. he was able to restore it because it had been griefed, not undone by a mod. somebody (some mod) disabled my protection stones lol.

hannotje even said that a mod must have done it.
Just like our ability to undo actions, we can redo the actions we have undone, I am almost certain that is what happened, Ill talk to him and see what happened. Sorry for your confusion.

By the way, threatening to go to mojang wont get you anywhere. They dont care about what happens on private servers.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »
I understand this isn't may appeal to speak on, but a Moderator+ can redo and undo actions of people. The tower wouldn't be permanently gone because our logblock system and the server saves every block placed and destroyed. We would still be able to bring your tower back if we undid your actions. He would have said a Moderator would have done it because he probably saw you were the last person to do anything to the building. Also, Moderators can't turn off PS. We can undo actions which can take away the PS, but we also can always bring it back. Also, we are a server. Mojang isn't connected to this server in any way except from the part that Mojang created the game we have a server on.
Edit: Sorry I didn't notice that Nick already said what I explained.

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:11 pm »
if hannotje redid an action undone, boxboi's house would be gone but it was still there....... BECAUSE somebody disabled my PS.

the tower was 4 blocks away from boxboi's house, so i would understand if nyssa considered it to be in the same "area", as you say.

but the expensive obsidian, netherbrick pagoda was like 20 blocks away. make sense? \

both of my structures had protection stones. boxboi's house did not have a protection stone.

what's the point of buying a PS if you can just call "grief" on free blocks placed infront of somebody else's tower?

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:08 pm »
okay, logan. that's all good and dandy for the crappy cobblestone tower which was near boxboi's land.

my pagoda though, was made out of expensive materials. do you not understand? it was far, far away from boxboi's house.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »
if hannotje redid an action undone, boxboi's house would be gone but it was still there....... BECAUSE somebody disabled my PS.

the tower was 4 blocks away from boxboi's house, so i would understand if nyssa considered it to be in the same "area", as you say.

but the expensive obsidian, netherbrick pagoda was like 20 blocks away. make sense? \

both of my structures had protection stones. boxboi's house did not have a protection stone.

what's the point of buying a PS if you can just call "grief" on free blocks placed infront of somebody else's tower?
Hanno redid your actions within a smaller area than the area that was undone, that is why his house didnt disappear again. Anyways, it comes down to this. You broke the rules and now you have to live with the consequences.

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 07:44:45 pm »
so what's the point of a protection stone? i can just call you guys to undo any action done against ANY of my blocks, right?

by the way, hannotje undid the grief to my tower in segments. which means it was GRIEFED not undone. seriously....

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »
Fine you are right, we turned off your protection stone. You nailed it. But that is what happens when you get caught griefing.

Stonefree777

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »
you're missing the points here, nick.

my pagoda is the real issue, since it was far away enough from boxboi's house to be considered its own thing.

and what's the point of protection stones if i can just call grief on everything?

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 07:51:23 pm »
that somehow does not make sense nick. why would their protetion stone be disabled if the griefed? I can see if they were permantly banned.