June 15, 2024, 09:37:08 pm

Author Topic: Ban Appeal  (Read 1397 times)

blubberdud

• View Profile
Ban Appeal
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:45:14 pm »
This Is My Ban Appeal
I was on the sever a couple of nights ago and I crafted a boat and set sail...i foud a house in the middle of nowhere and some people had broken the house so i thought it was abandoned. so i went in and took some stuff out...i am really soory and i am REALLY sorry to the person who built it. i really like this server and i would like to come back on..
Also, my friend plays on it and we built a house together and we both really want to go on together..and he needs some stuff that is in my cheast but i cant give it to him

PLEASE let me go back on. i am begging you

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:01:08 am »
You were banned by Sinnikin for "griefing 288 blocks from maplemon7's house and area (fence, wall etc)."

Just because a house 'looked' abandoned does not give you any jurisdiction to bypass the server rules that were put in place. It was still someone's property, and you made the damage worse by adding onto the damage that was already present.

I assume she did not mean to set it as a permanent ban (since 288 blocks is not perma-ban worthy), so please wait for her response.

Sinnikin

• The Dogtor is IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:23:29 pm »
The ban was meant to only be 14 days, so yes, it was a typo on my part.

I ban block damage as the following:

1-20 Blocks: 1 day
20-40 Blocks: 2 days
40-60 Blocks: 3 days
60-80 Blocks: 4 days
80-100 Blocks: 5-7 days depending on severity
Etc.

So 288 blocks should have been 14 days.

If you are not online to defend yourself, I wait for appeals such as this. Mods do have typos and make mistakes, so thank you for bringing this to my attention and my apologies.

You seem legitimately sincere, so I will lower the ban to 3 days. If you were online at the time I would have made you fix the damage, but it is already repaired. I do not feel it would be fair to let you get off with a slap on the wrist, so I'll reduce the time to three days. When you return tomorrow, please make sure you have re read the rules and don't let something like this happen again.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:25:39 pm by Sinnikin »

blubberdud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »
I won't
thank you