May 29, 2024, 02:33:39 am

Author Topic: I really love helping people! How can i rank up?  (Read 8809 times)

LonHuskie

• Support your army
    • View Profile
I really love helping people! How can i rank up?
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:17 pm »
Ok I now Know that I've been banned once and I grieved bye accident (trying to be truthful).
So how do i rank up on the smp server?
I want to be trusted and help other ppl like my friends and enemies.
Is there any way to rank up to say TRUSTED?
thx ;)

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
Re: I really love helping people! How can i rank up?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:36:01 pm »
Yes there is a way, Just follow the rules, be polite, and play on the server alot, But that fact that you been banned before, hurts your chances and might be harder to gain.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:17:08 pm »
I'd also like to know how to get to Trusted status.  I've been playing on the server for a little while now, but usually keep to myself.  Problem with that is I'm now at a build level where I'm starting to get into the more advanced crafting such as brewing and building monster traps, both of which can't really be done unless you can place water.  I'm almost 34 years old, and trust me griefing is the last thing on my mind.  Anyway, hopefully I can get Trusted soon.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

greedy_jam

• Trusted Opticraft Player... Happy To Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:26:04 pm »
the most important thing to do is not ask about being trusted because that decreases your chances of getting the rank... X

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »
Trusted rank:
In order to get it, even if I am not a SMP Operator, I can tell you that, you dont have to ask it.
You get recommended my Mods, trusted players, and then Operators consider you for the promotion.
But, in your part, you have to be helpful, to dont make nervous the Mods, with spamming etc.

In the first player's post I would answer that, in order to be trusted, you have to change your point of view. There are no enemies in the game. The only enemies are the creepers, the sceletons, and the rest mobs. If you help everyone, play a lot and probably you are finally allowed to help in a project that will bring you to the top, then you wil get it without to realise it.

The point is to dont search for it. It will search for you..

Good luck!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »
I know you're not supposed to ask for Trusted status, that's why I didn't ask to be set to Trusted.  I simply asked how one can become trusted if you aren't really being noticed.  I build by myself, usually to avoid griefers and drama.  That said, I've gone to the market and handed out stuff.  I've been on Mumble a few times, but don't do it often because I like listening to music and sometimes the conversations disrupt that.  I've made friends with a few trusted people, iGenerator for one.  I vote, diamonds or not, because I actually like this server (and yes I do the full voting process not the "lamerz" way to get rich)...  I'm just not sure what more I can do, because now I'm at a build level where it's really detrimental to not have water placement.  The only reason I'm looking to get trusted is for water placement so I can fill my cauldrons.  I personally don't care if I'm trusted (by real people) or not, I'm not a griefer and actually openly despise any little pricks who are.  That said, you need to have a trusted rank to fill your cauldrons, and to make half-decent monster traps and auto-farms.  So I'm basically stuck banging my head off the wall until someone decides I'm worthy of the status.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:43:55 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

greedy_jam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 04:57:37 pm »
just from that id say your worthy... i think exactly the same thing ... i need water too ... hopefully the day will come when buckets will be in my chest because i can use them... good luck to you X

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 05:04:29 pm »
Well thanks for your vote Greedy, and if I ever do become trusted (and you don't) if you need water (or whatever) placed don't think twice about asking me.  I'll be there.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 05:12:08 pm »
1. Spam, trusteds can recommend others for trusted? I didn't know that.

2. Viper, I understand your problem. I've helped many members before, and many have found it hard to do their own projects, because they always have to call upon someone who can place water. At the moment, all you can do is simply wait. You may not be aware of it but I bet the operators/admins are now watching you, to determine if you are really ready for the rank. In the meantime, I am always available to provide water as are many of my trusted friends, including iGenerator (he's a pretty nice trusted. Stick with him :P). Also, one more thing to add: Many players believe voting on the site proves your worth and helps you rank. In fact, voting has nothing to do with any ranking whatsoever, as it is just a way for Opticraft to grow.

So ya, if what spam says about trusted recommendations is true, I'll keep an eye on you. :P

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 05:20:29 pm »
Its liek support game and trusted, or players who are well known to community, when other discuss for these things can say their opinion. Not that if you want, you can introduce someone for promo..

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »
Its liek support game and trusted, or players who are well known to community, when other discuss for these things can say their opinion. Not that if you want, you can introduce someone for promo..
ah so its more of an opinion than a recommendation.

greedy_jam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 05:27:00 pm »
thanks ViperZeroOne .... recommend me if you want ... i love to help X
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:33:25 pm by greedy_jam »

greedy_jam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 05:37:16 pm »
i hope im being watched by admins, id love to be trusted ... i just dont want to nag people to place water for me ... im a good opticraft citizen and have been on mumble a couple of times ... ill just have to wait X :P ;D

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
Thanks DJAlphaWolf, for everything said.  I think that's what I like the most about this server, everyone is ready and eager to help out.  Trust me, I absolutely understand the reasoning behind banning water placement for those who aren't trusted.  I ran my own little server (30 player) for a while.  It's got a MASSIVE starter city, enconomy, and got a ton of compliments on it.  Problem was, I finally decided I was more into building than Oping, but I had my share of griefers to ban.  Residence helped a lot, but was pretty limited, so I'm really liking the PS feature of this server (just wish they weren't so dam expensive *LOL*)... All that said, I really hope you're right about the Mods/Admins having their eye on me now.  I hope they enjoy the show.   ;D

Agreed Greedy, I hate nagging people for water placement because I frequently change where the water needs to be placed.  Farm adjusting and all that stuff, you know how it is.

P.S.  I don't vote to get Trusted status, I vote because I like the server.  Trust me, if I didn't, I wouldn't.  I'm not that desperate for diamonds.  *LOL*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:02:32 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

greedy_jam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »
i do , hope we can can become trusted and one day be good friends on the server, X :D