May 18, 2024, 09:43:18 pm

Author Topic: Griefing Question  (Read 2033 times)

taylorhill89

• View Profile
Griefing Question
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:38:06 am »
I just built a new house in Skyrim. A member, whose name I won't divulge unless it is warranted, destroyed a bridge leading to it. He claimed that it was not griefing because it 1) it only served to make me angry and did not give any benefit to him, and 2) it was a public right of way.

Is there some definition of griefing that I am unaware of? It wasn't a huge deal, and I rebuilt it in minutes, but I want to get this straight for when he does it again and causes more damage.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
Re: Griefing Question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:46:50 am »
"1) it only served to make me angry and did not give any benefit to him"

That's griefing.
 If someone removes/destroys a block that they didn't place (OR have permission from whomever placed the block or a mod/admin) It's griefing.
If anything like this happens again contact a moderator OP or whatever, and have them deal with it (Don't repair the damage, and let the mods decide if it's griefing or not.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:49:21 am »
Ok. I'll do that. Like I said, this wasn't a huge deal so it wasn't worth the hassle, but he's been around trolling me for some reason so I wanted to clarify. Thanks for the quick response!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:50:13 am »
The only people that are allowed to remove/ modify buildings that are in their spaces are the town/ city owners (because they have set the city/ town ordinances and have the right to modify or remove buildings that violate this ordinance)

I'm not sure who runs or manages Skyrim, but if anybody else other than the city/ town owners or managers take down buildings, that's griefing.

Twackimus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:08:21 am »
I also live in Skyrim, and I got on today to see that someone had destroyed part of the walkway by my house and had planted several trees outside of my protected area. It wasn't a hassle at all to fix, but I'd say that qualifies as griefing as well.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 03:11:29 am »
The only people that are allowed to remove/ modify buildings that are in their spaces are the town/ city owners (because they have set the city/ town ordinances and have the right to modify or remove buildings that violate this ordinance)

I'm not sure who runs or manages Skyrim, but if anybody else other than the city/ town owners or managers take down buildings, that's griefing.
Tylerhan2000 runs it.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 03:50:09 am »
Ok. I'll do that. Like I said, this wasn't a huge deal so it wasn't worth the hassle, but he's been around trolling me for some reason so I wanted to clarify. Thanks for the quick response!

If the guy if following you around, and trolling you that's simply harassment, make sure to let a moderator know & they will deal with, report any problems, if they are big or small, and be paranoid, most griefers/trolls are liars.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء