June 04, 2024, 06:42:25 pm

Author Topic: Solved.  (Read 2360 times)

Psiiche

• Opticraft's Resident Angel
    • View Profile
Solved.
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
Pardon me if namedropping is "against the rules", but seeing as how all of this crap just happened, who enforces them? And maybe if you're scared of your name being dropped, you shouldn't be acting afool.

So I teleport back to my house after a few hours in the Nether to find two guests named "MEK19" and "TheArchangel725" climbing the water to my house. No worries, everything I own except my bedroom is protected by protection stones, I don't mind company. They split and go to opposite ends of my house (I follow MEK) and MEK finds my bedroom, where he steals torches, beds, and wool (my wall pretty much) before jumping out of my house to his death below. His friend is down at the bottom already by the time I jumped, and he hastily picks up my stolen things and runs toward my barn. He proceeds to walk right into my barn (Which has a protection stone btw) and kills every one of my animals; 8 sheep, 1 cow, 5 pigs, and 5 chickens. Loots them all, and runs off.

The first thing I do is ask for an OP to come retrieve my stolen things and to replace my animals, to which I got these replies:

[moderator] awesomealicia: can't replace animals sorry
[moderator] DeadlyLead101: not enough proof

I tell them that I WATCHED the two individuals steal from my house (Mek) and kill my animals (Archangel) right in front of me, is that not proof enough?

[moderator] DeadlyLead101: Not proof enough
[moderator] awesomealicia: we don't keep track of animals, there's no way to say you owned them.

I then waited ten minutes to see if I could at least get my bedroom rolled back to it's original state, no one assisted. I then noticed that the two culprits were STILL ONLINE PLAYING, and asked "Is anyone going to at least BAN THE BITCHES that stole from me?"

[moderator] awesomealicia: we can't ban them if there's no proof
[moderator] DeadlyLead101: no.

Alright, so wtfe then. This is the first time I've played on an open server besides my own, so I've done everything requested of me; I've invested in protection stones for all of my property (except ONE 12 x 12 block space), I signed up on the site, I've voted everyday to assist the site since I joined, and this is how you treat your members? I wonder what kind of shit the [Trusted] members have went through to get that far, I'm not exactly game to continue to have my things taken from me ESPECIALLY when I have stones around my shit in the first place! How did they get to my animals? My protection stone covers the entirety of my barn! It sounds like a faulty mechanic to me, and now I have to go walk all over god's green earth and hope some are still spawned in the wild to replace them? Why are the mods so free to ban trolls and spammers and "griefers", but not thieves that I literally watched in the act? Why not take some of us honest players at our word? I was asked why didn't I take a screenshot while he was killing my animals, and it's because it's a still-frame image of something that was over in literally ten seconds! A picture would have done me no fucking good, especially if "oh man, his hand isn't raised how can you prove he was swinging at them and not just standing there", which is likely the bs answer I would have gotten anyway.

45 minutes after the incident at the time I posted this, and the culprits are still playing. I tried one last shot at getting a solid answer without being blown off, I told Drowse I had my entire barn griefed, and waited 6 minutes for a reply. I was ignored. If no one is going to justify this, you just lost a member.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:32:37 pm by Psiiche »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Explain Something To Me, Please.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »
We do not replace animals because we cannot be sure that you are telling the truth about how many animals you had. Sure a lot of players are trustworthy, but others are not and would easily exploit this by saying someone killed animals they did not have. That is just our policy on this server, I am really sorry that you are upset about it, but that is what we must do.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »
Another thing, you can tell a Mod to look at the grief, and we can ban and undo the actions of the players.

Psiiche

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 11:20:01 pm »
Alright, I can understand that, thank you for at least explaining to me that animals are untrackable. I also know they roll back griefs on property because I had my 58-plot sugarcane farm wiped out when I first started, and they fixed it. What irks me about this situation was the fact that when I was asking for my bedroom to be unwrecked, though 7+ OP's/mods were on no one seemed to want to help (maybe because I was chewing the griefers out over chat, I don't know). I'm not even concerned now with fixing my room, the damage to that was miniscule in comparison to my sheep farm, which supplied the wool to even rebuild my freakin' room.

Also, I did ask if the two were going to be banned for stealing from me (not just my animals, but stealing my torches/beds/wall/etc from my room, and some wheat from my farm), and like first post says, they replied with "not enough proof", even though blocks are traceable. The thieves were in chat asking for food and a room to rent no later than 20 mins after griefing me, and when I called them out on it and alerted people to them being thieves I got told to stop. The OP's just weren't interested in the proof in the block damage, then? Sorry if I was out of line for alerting the rest of the population to griefers.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:46:54 pm by Mr_Mr_Mr »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:35:54 pm »
I am extremely sorry this happened. These are just the kind of things that griefers can get away with but because of limited proof, there is absolutely nothing moderators can do about it. Do not be mad at the moderators as they are just following server policy, and may have been busy at the time you asked them.

If you want, I can help you search for some animals for your barn so you can restore it. I suggest also creating fence posts around the animals (alot like a cage) and trapping them all in there. then place a protection stone around it. That way, only you can enter without any problems. I've had to do this on other servers before to prevent grief and it was a mostly successful idea (they didn't have protection stones but when the fence posts were griefed, I had proof they were there).

I'd be willing to help you out completely during your entire reconstruction process. ;D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:42:32 pm »
By the way both those players have been banned for grief.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 11:44:08 pm »
The thing that bothers me is this:
Look at Alicia explaining why they can't give the animals back and why they can't ban the person that killed them.
[moderator] awesomealicia: can't replace animals sorry
[moderator] awesomealicia: we don't keep track of animals, there's no way to say you owned them.
[moderator] awesomealicia: we can't ban them if there's no proof

And look at deadly where he just says 'no' and 'not enough proof'
[moderator] DeadlyLead101: no.
[moderator] DeadlyLead101: Not proof enough
[moderator] DeadlyLead101: not enough proof

I don't know if Psiiche modified what he said or not, but the deadly quote is not how a mod should be, they should be like the Alicia quote.

---><--- Click the monkey

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:27 pm »
By the way both those players have been banned for grief.
Justice has been served. ;D

Psiiche

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 11:58:03 pm »
@ AlphaWolf - Like I mentioned, I had a protection stone around my barn. It was an 11x11x11 stone, and inside of it I had my 10x10x6 animal shed. The entire thing was enclosed in dirt, the 3 walls, the floor, even the ROOF was dirt (so no one could spiderman up through the ceiling haha), and the front wall was 2-high fencing, with a single fence gate in the center. The barn was smaller than my stone for that reason, I don't understand how someone can just waltz up and open my gate, it is A) inside my stone and B) only openable by me. I guess now I know they're not just useable by me.

And thanks for the rebuilding help, but I'm just worried about animal replacement right now. As far as finding more goes, I had only one cow because it was the only one I found, and I swear I enslaved every sheep in the tri-county area around my house (I live in the clouds, wool makes good clouds!). Them dang pigs are everywhere though.

@ Mr - I understand she gave more wording than he did, but I would not have been so upset at her as well if I didn't feel I was getting a copy-paste answer from them both. Either of them could have at least explained like Nick did about how they are untrackable in the server's system, and I would have felt a lot less ignored. And no, the only thing I ever edit from posts is misspells, I haven't touched anything else in the post.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:42 am »
@ AlphaWolf - Like I mentioned, I had a protection stone around my barn. It was an 11x11x11 stone, and inside of it I had my 10x10x6 animal shed. The entire thing was enclosed in dirt, the 3 walls, the floor, even the ROOF was dirt (so no one could spiderman up through the ceiling haha), and the front wall was 2-high fencing, with a single fence gate in the center. The barn was smaller than my stone for that reason, I don't understand how someone can just waltz up and open my gate, it is A) inside my stone and B) only openable by me. I guess now I know they're not just useable by me.

And thanks for the rebuilding help, but I'm just worried about animal replacement right now. As far as finding more goes, I had only one cow because it was the only one I found, and I swear I enslaved every sheep in the tri-county area around my house (I live in the clouds, wool makes good clouds!). Them dang pigs are everywhere though.

Don't use gates, use a door :P You can make doors private, not gates. As for the animal loss, 2 things I can suggest is making your /home in a box with a door only you can use, and protected by your PS so they can't escape (Or make it furnaces). Also, build far from spawn. If you are far from spawn and a greifer finds you by chance, then you're really not having a very lucky day :P

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 12:03:50 pm »
I'm sorry, I wasn't able to explain further. I think I was helping someone else and not fully listening. My apologies for being rude.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:44 pm »

@ Mr - I understand she gave more wording than he did, but I would not have been so upset at her as well if I didn't feel I was getting a copy-paste answer from them both. Either of them could have at least explained like Nick did about how they are untrackable in the server's system, and I would have felt a lot less ignored. And no, the only thing I ever edit from posts is misspells, I haven't touched anything else in the post.

No worries, I am still willing to help you in your rebuilding quest (I will find some sheep!).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I promise that both mods did not mean to ignore you or explain enough. As moderators, there are times when they are either busy helping others or AFK (so they would not be able to pay attention to the chat). I know alicia did not mean it, as she may have been busy and she wanted to give a quick response.

As for Deadly, he attempted to help you out as well but knowing him, he can be pretty busy sometimes. His answer was a quick response but considering you aren't trusted yet, the moderators don't know if you are just accusing or if it actually happened.

I'm pretty sure if they weren't busy, they would have checked the damage out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the end, no one should be held at fault and it is now a part of our past, so let's think about the future. For now, let's get to work on rebuilding your farm!