May 09, 2024, 01:54:12 pm

Author Topic: Trees, and their mechanics  (Read 4627 times)

Nefroz

• View Profile
Trees, and their mechanics
« on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »
I've noticed and heard a few mods mention their annoyance at cleaning up floating trees around the server, I personally think they are ugly, and suggest that maybe we could find one of the plugins for bukkit that lets trees fall when the bottom log is cut, to prevent ugly trees floating everywhere especially since mods no longer have superpick.

To counterbalance the clearing of forests there should be auto planting plugin that replants saplings when they hit the ground too keep our forests from being 100% clear cut. Some will say this will make minecraft too easy. I dont see how it makes it easier, just simpler instead of having to climb to cut down trees they act like real trees and like every other plant in minecraft works, and prevents the ugly floaters.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
Re: Trees, and their mechanics
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »
hm... yes, I do find that floating trees are annoying and ugly

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

Drowse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:30:14 pm »
I love the idea of being able to chop them down, I know eventually the leaves disappear but sometimes players leave the trunk there which looks horrible ;)
I also agree this is hard on axes/picks when trying to clear it up :)

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »
A really helpful idea!

But a flaw, griefers on house where there are stacks of logs. my house has them in the corners.

I do like the idea otherwise.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:45 pm »
same :D
What Wratkie said
^^
||
||
||

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »
A really helpful idea!

But a flaw, griefers on house where there are stacks of logs. my house has them in the corners.

I do believe you can turn it on/off to disable it from working on user placed blocks...

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:50:03 pm »
A really helpful idea!

I do believe you can turn it on/off to disable it from working on user placed blocks...
A fix to the flaw :)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »
This sounds amazing. Please add something like this.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:20:31 am »
Yeah.. Supported..
I would like to see it implemented..!!

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:42:15 pm »
Supported! ;D I hate having to clean up floating trees from when ppl use my tree farm and are too lazy to finish up >.>  But this will also make harvesting and planting simpler.  I do have a question, will the durability of the tool used decrease as if it harvested all the logs of the tree individually? Or will it just count for the single log?  Also does this work on trees with branches? (I figured this would be the main reason ppl would want this in the first place as they are a PAIN to harvest fully)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 05:22:40 pm »
Supported! ;D I hate having to clean up floating trees from when ppl use my tree farm and are too lazy to finish up >.>  But this will also make harvesting and planting simpler.  I do have a question, will the durability of the tool used decrease as if it harvested all the logs of the tree individually? Or will it just count for the single log?  Also does this work on trees with branches? (I figured this would be the main reason ppl would want this in the first place as they are a PAIN to harvest fully)

To be honest, diamonds are so easy to come by, and wood is so cheap, that I don't think it really matters about durability. As for trees with branches, I would hope so.

Nefroz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »
Claw, they mods are talking about their durability on their items when they clean up LOTS of floating trees aroudn spawn

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
Claw, they mods are talking about their durability on their items when they clean up LOTS of floating trees aroudn spawn

Indeed, but i was talking to tbpb, who isn't a mod, doesn't clean up LOTS of floating trees around spawn, and raised a valid point.

Nefroz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 09:47:36 pm »
\
 Most Plugins work with branches, and modify the durability loss to compensate, but they only work for one log usually.

Raichor

• MC Classic - Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »
wouldnt this cause some lag issues?