May 04, 2024, 08:16:41 pm

Author Topic: Creepers spawning in houses... WHAT THE HELL MAN?!  (Read 7172 times)

whatupguys1

• View Profile
Creepers spawning in houses... WHAT THE HELL MAN?!
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:15 am »
So today after mining a little and discussing a deal with guest i went to my house, someone talks to me, I start typing and suddenly- BOOOOOM! a creeper decides to go terrorist on me RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LOBBY (not the first time this happens). so I just wanted to say, what the hell man? creepers spawning in my lobby? how is that even possible? don't dare to tell me my house is not lit enough, I counted 68 torches in the top floor and 42 in the first floor NOT TO MENTION GLOWSTONE. So seriously, why is this happening? can someone explain?

The point of this post is, make it stop! that shouldn't even be happening. I don't see anyone else dying in the middle of their houses at the hands of mobs that shouldn't be there in the first place. Whats the point of having a shelter if mobs will just pop up in it like its their own house...

To make things better, not only did i lose 1 set of diamond tools like that today (some enchanted) I lost 38 diamonds too...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:03:20 am by whatupguys1 »

whatupguys1

• View Profile
Re: Creepers spawning in houses... WHAT THE HELL MAN?!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:24 am »
I think im just gonna stay away from SMP due to the massive rage it gives me... my liver wont take much more of this...

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 01:04:05 am »
Are you absolutely positively sure? Sometimes, all it takes is one block dark enough to spawn a creeper inside your house. sometimes they will spawn in certain rooms and walk around. If you want, i can give my analysis of your house tonight when i get on smp. But it happens to me all the time. It's a common thing in minecraft survival.

whatupguys1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 01:07:32 am »
Are you absolutely positively sure? Sometimes, all it takes is one block dark enough to spawn a creeper inside your house. sometimes they will spawn in certain rooms and walk around. If you want, i can give my analysis of your house tonight when i get on smp. But it happens to me all the time. It's a common thing in minecraft survival.

Maybe, but I really don't want to place a torch in every single block in my house, cause that would just look ugly and as a crafter, I wouldn't allow myself.

Also, the facepalm I did when that creeper exploded actually left a mark on my face...

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 01:07:47 am »
If there is even the slightest amount of shade, mobs will attempt to appear at those spots. Mobs don't need complete darkness just to be able to spawn-- they start spawning at a certain light level (I'm not 100% certain what that level is, but I think it's around level 5-8)

Just a helpful tip of advice-- put all of your valuables (diamonds) in a protected chest the FIRST thing when you get in to the server. It will save a whole lot of trouble and you won't have to worry about losing your items upon death as much

I alsoo find it helpful to get outside sometimes to vent out the stress built up, so taking short or long walks may be good for you ;)

whatupguys1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 01:13:39 am »
I think im just gonna stay away from SMP due to the massive rage it gives me... my liver wont take much more of this...

And now im thinking, why the hell do I play CoD then? oh the irony...

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 01:59:01 am »
You know this just happened to me like 3 mins ago, I just logged in SMP because i just finished voting and so on I proceed to what ever i had to do and then BOOM! Right inside my house there was a Creeper whom exploded right in front of me. I didn't know how it spawned because my whole house is lit up with torches or glowstone, But at the end the Creeper got away because it blew up all my stuff including the Diamonds i just got. P.s. This never happened to me.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 02:15:48 am »
You know this just happened to me like 3 mins ago, I just logged in SMP because i just finished voting and so on I proceed to what ever i had to do and then BOOM! Right inside my house there was a Creeper whom exploded right in front of me. I didn't know how it spawned because my whole house is lit up with torches or glowstone, But at the end the Creeper got away because it blew up all my stuff including the Diamonds i just got. P.s. This never happened to me.
Lol, I don't think that's gonna help whatup any.

Anyways, what you can do is turn off smooth lighting while you analyze your house.  This will let you see the light level of each surface, and you can place lights accordingly.  Also, placing lights closer to the floor rather than high up on walls should help some.
Once you've done that, check and make sure there's no way a creeper could've gotten in from outside, including dropping in from the roof or something like that.
All your mine are belong to me.

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:21:02 am »

Anyways, what you can do is turn off smooth lighting while you analyze your house.  This will let you see the light level of each surface, and you can place lights accordingly.  Also, placing lights closer to the floor rather than high up on walls should help some.
Once you've done that, check and make sure there's no way a creeper could've gotten in from outside, including dropping in from the roof or something like that.
Everything is lit up and the Creeper could have not come in from the roof because in live in a Mountain side.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 03:10:59 am »
It could also be players messin with you.

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 03:32:23 am »
It could also be players messin with you.
I live far far away where nobody lives, like in a forest And if it was a Player, It wouldn't have been able to kill me with MD command.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 03:50:44 am »
Wait! Don't Leave this epic server because of 1 lousy creeper !!
Skepter's creepers pest control is in the house!
By using a combo of enchanted diamond swords, creepers are killed with 2-3 hits from me
I've had practice killing creepers: the range in which they attack, and how to kill them before the kill you!
So just mail me at /mail send Skepter CPC and I'll do my job. You can also request in game with Skepter CPC.
I will act to the situation immediately!

--Skepter--

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:56 am »

Everything is lit up and the Creeper could have not come in from the roof because in live in a Mountain side.
I obviously wasn't talking to you :P
That advice was for whatup.
All your mine are belong to me.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 05:45:21 am »
Just so you know, if you buy a Protection Stone and a creeper in inside the field it will not explode.
  So the creeper just walk around you hissing and not doing nothing.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00:04 pm »
You are not the only one..
ABout half hour ago, I was in a roof of one of my rooms, and I was checking the chat, when a creeper appeared and killed me.
I lost a silk touch diam. pix, Efficiency II, Unbreakable III, an armor, diam. tools, some slimeballs, some levels, etc.

I was swearing after that for 5-10 minutes.. I dont know.. They are so bastards the creepers that sometimes force me stop playing..