May 22, 2024, 05:39:56 pm

Poll

Do you think this should happen?

Yes it should.
No it should not!
Could be usefull.
This topic is dumb.
Little is right.

Author Topic: We need ops in classic!  (Read 1798 times)

superbaconstrip

• View Profile
We need ops in classic!
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:56:34 pm »
I have one question...
Where the hell are our ops on classic?!! >:(
There are more greifers in classic than ever and do you know what that means?! ???
Less people want to play on our server. Most of our players come from classic. :-[
Classic is our only sustained server because in Minecraft keeps updaing every two fricking months :-\
I have a proposal we should install a new plug-in that logs ops time on classic if they dont spend enough time they get demoted to whatever rank they were before promotion in both smp and classic.
Please take this into consideration. :-[

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
Re: We need ops in classic!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:04:29 pm »
The plugin will not happen. It would create chaos among the ops. (my perspective)

On a different note we do need more ops. We have been saying after smp gets boring the will come to classic... when will this happen???
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:30:17 pm by littlej11 »

superbaconstrip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »
The plugin will not happen. It would create chaos among the ops. (my prospective)

On a different note we do need more ops. We have been saying after smp gets boring the will come to classic... when will this happen???
Perspective*
It would create chaos but it would influence them to try harder next time
And that'll never happen for them.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:27:38 pm »
A) We have ops on classic now, about half the time I log in there is at least one, sometimes two other ops on.  That could be a timezone issue, though.
B) We have a lot less guests than we did before, now that we're at the bottom of the list. Thus, at the moment, our need for ops is a lot less dire than it was before.  We'll see how things are after we get our guests back.
All your mine are belong to me.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:43:48 pm »
My WoM isn't working, and i've been going out side alot more often.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:45:34 am »
I have a proposal we should install a new plug-in that logs ops time on classic if they dont spend enough time they get demoted to whatever rank they were before promotion in both smp and classic.

if this were to happen, it would also cause a shortage of moderators/ops on the smp server, causing opticraft to become almost completely unprotected.
the plugin would also take time to program and would be risky due to possible bugs where ops that ARE dedicated could be demoted by accident.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 05:12:40 am »
When it comes to recent activity of current ops (strictly last time player was online), we've got a list in the admin forum. Its all we really need right now for determining which ops are most/least active.
You do realize that having OP's resign would not help at all right? If anything it would hurt classic because even if they don't get on a lot they might get on from time to time.

There I just solved everything in 2 quotes.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 08:04:44 am »
To clarify I'm not saying they shouldn't be demoted. I am just saying there wouldn't be an immediate effect.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident