May 07, 2024, 07:36:39 am

Author Topic: Items Stolen.  (Read 4199 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Items Stolen.
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:18:55 am »
So I get on Opticraft to see 3 of my chests have been looted.
All 3 chests are private with 0 players on the access list.
I haven't given my password to any of my friends, so there is no way they could have trolled me by moving my items.
I haven't taken the items out myself, I am %100 positive.

So, it comes down to mods and ops.
I honestly doubt any mod or op has taken my items, but this is the only possible way the items could have been stolen.
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I sure hope to god no staff member has done it..

Thanks.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Items Stolen.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:33:07 am »
If any staff member did this, I have to blame someone.

I blame Opticalza! Of course I'm joking. I sure hope you can find out who did it.

---><--- Click the monkey

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 06:56:05 am »
This has happened to me before never found out who did it people said it might of been a glitch so i dont know

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 07:49:15 am »
Hm.. These things make us afraid. For that reason, is good to have a protection stone to protect the room. Even no door. Just some dirt that you break to get in.

I hope you will find who did it, because if not, that would eb scary for all of us.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:50:06 am »
Chest 1: wheat seeds, wheat, saplings, pumpkin seeds, melon seeds, melons.
This chest still has some seeds and saplings remaining.
Chest 2: wood pickaxes, stone pickaxes, stone swords, stone shovels, stone hoes, iron axe.
This chest still has 1 wood pickaxe, 1 stone sword, and 1 stone shovel remaining. Plus it has 1 dirt block, and 1 stew.
Chest 3: Misc items like arrows, string, feathers, saddles, leather, books, 18 stews. Much more, but things like that.
This chest still has 64 arrows, 64 string, 4 feathers, and another stack of 17 arrows.

So some how I don't think this is a bug/glitch, or the glitch would probably have wiped out all the items, and it would not have added random dirt blocks in them. I hate to say it, but I think this is the work of a mod..

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:57:49 am »
Deekay, this is quite a serious allegation you are making here. it will be treated with utmost seriousness but we will need to have definitive proof to back up your allegation that someone has taken your items. I would like to say that our staff are mature enough not to do this.

If we cannot gain definitive proof to back up this allegation i am sure we can to an arrangement in game where some of your items are returned to you. As of right now, we will wait and see if someone has an explantion as to why your items have been taken from your chests.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 09:13:44 am »
Deekay, this is quite a serious allegation you are making here. it will be treated with utmost seriousness but we will need to have definitive proof to back up your allegation that someone has taken your items. I would like to say that our staff are mature enough not to do this.

If we cannot gain definitive proof to back up this allegation i am sure we can to an arrangement in game where some of your items are returned to you. As of right now, we will wait and see if someone has an explantion as to why your items have been taken from your chests.
Thanks, hope this gets sorted out soon. Believe me, I trust the staff on Opticraft as well, but I just don't see any other possible explanation as to how or why my items were stolen.
(Don't be taking this the wrong way) I'm just a little confused, because if a staff member actually did take the items (I really hope they didn't) then I would be really disappointed in them. I'm not sure how we are going to deal with this, maybe just forget about this situation and spawn the items back, and if anything else happens, ill be sure to let someone know.
Thanks again.

EDIT: I noticed that LogBlock chest accesses are not logged. I can understand that Opti was not expecting for things like this to happen, especially as we have LWC so we don't need to log chest accesses. So he didn't need to log things like that, but at this time it would have really helped us.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:18:15 am by xDeeKay »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 05:48:34 pm »

EDIT: I noticed that LogBlock chest accesses are not logged. I can understand that Opti was not expecting for things like this to happen, especially as we have LWC so we don't need to log chest accesses. So he didn't need to log things like that, but at this time it would have really helped us.
According to the log block wiki that is not even a command lol. I put my money on a glitch because who would steal you tools yet leave your diamonds and iron?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 06:46:31 pm »

According to the log block wiki that is not even a command lol. I put my money on a glitch because who would steal you tools yet leave your diamonds and iron?
Its /lb chestaccess or you can use it for an area. for example: /lb area 5 chestaccess
But anyway back to the point. Although i'm still not convinced this is a glitch, I am happy just to forgot this issue and move on.
Ill be sure to report this if it happens again, thanks.
Also chest accesses are now logged. (thanks opti)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »
Unfortunately, chest access isnt going to prove anything because i always open up random chests lol.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 07:25:28 pm »
Unfortunately, chest access isnt going to prove anything because i always open up random chests lol.
It tells you who opened it, when they opened it, what item they took/put in the chest.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 07:31:07 pm »

Sorry, but why? Just because you have power, doesn't mean you should go snooping without reason :/

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 07:32:54 pm »

Sorry, but why? Just because you have power, doesn't mean you should go snooping without reason :/
Curiosity. I'm always curious what is in chests, I don't blame him for opening random chests :P Plus, it's not really snooping.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »

Curiosity. I'm always curious what is in chests, I don't blame him for opening random chests :P Plus, it's not really snooping.

That's why I label all my chests :P The chest labelled "Cobble" generally has cobble in it ;)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 07:37:18 pm »

That's why I label all my chests :P The chest labelled "Cobble" generally has cobble in it ;)

I'm too lazy to add signs :l Plus it takes up valuable wood! ::)