May 04, 2024, 10:28:15 am

Author Topic: PVP blocks  (Read 4415 times)

Raichor

• MC Classic - Builder
    • View Profile
PVP blocks
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »
Maybe we could have just like protection stones-PVP blocks
They would cost more than diamond and then could cover a 20x20 area. this would allow player sot create their own pvp zones
it would warn you when you enter a pvp zone, and their would be a command to turn pvp off for you alone. i have seen this done in other servers and it works pretty well as it allows all players to choose wether they want pvp on.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: PVP blocks
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:29:30 pm »
Fail!
I will explain why.
You present the PVP private zone as an expensive purchase. Who has 100.000$ Extra to spend for that? Or even more money, as you said it has the same price?
If you have a pvp zone, then you can create it with just a protection stone and obsidian/glass/everything and then you close it, and you fight.

This probably, just as an extra option for the players, would eb activated if the general PVP Zones existed.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 06:53:32 pm »
Fail!

How is this a fail? You made some corrections, which were good, but it is a good idea.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »
Bad idea because you could place it, kill some random person, then pick it back up.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »
Bad idea because you could place it, kill some random person, then pick it back up.
This.

---><--- Click the monkey

Raichor

• MC Classic - Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:23:11 pm »
maybe it would have a lock timer? or if whenever you move into a PvP zone it would turn off that players PvP. another idea could be that once placed it takes 10 seconds to activate. also they would only be able to do this with people who have their PvP turned on.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 07:30:05 pm »
It would be better if pvp zones were determined by the server, not the players.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »
More like the ops, not the server. The server has no brain!

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »
Too bad people couldn't turn PvP on just for themselves, say if we have a tournament all the contenders could enable their PvP (meaning they're now vunerable to other player attacks), an OP/Mod make sure they can switch back (maybe locks their mode to PvP or something) till the tournament is over to eliminate cheating, have the tournament (btw the ppl in the stands have their PvP disabled so they're safe) and then when the tournament is over turn the contender's PvP off.

Rezlind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 04:52:01 pm »
Maybe we could have just like protection stones-PVP blocks
They would cost more than diamond and then could cover a 20x20 area. this would allow player sot create their own pvp zones
it would warn you when you enter a pvp zone, and their would be a command to turn pvp off for you alone. i have seen this done in other servers and it works pretty well as it allows all players to choose wether they want pvp on.

Holy balls this is a great idea. :D.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:03 pm »
Too bad people couldn't turn PvP on just for themselves, say if we have a tournament all the contenders could enable their PvP (meaning they're now vunerable to other player attacks), an OP/Mod make sure they can switch back (maybe locks their mode to PvP or something) till the tournament is over to eliminate cheating, have the tournament (btw the ppl in the stands have their PvP disabled so they're safe) and then when the tournament is over turn the contender's PvP off.
Add time to it aswell, make it turn off after the time they set it to, say they forget to turn pvp off and get killed wile being afk or not armed or protected by armour.

Rezlind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 12:11:47 am »
Add time to it aswell, make it turn off after the time they set it to, say they forget to turn pvp off and get killed wile being afk or not armed or protected by armour.

I agree, a counter would be cool, I'm sure it could display a message too about how long is left.

whatupguys1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 02:19:24 am »

THIS ^^^^

It would be better if there was a determined Arena for PvP. Perhaps one on each of the towns (east, west, north and south-towns)

ryanisthemaster1

• Minecraft..... Is what gets Imagination ticking
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 02:52:58 am »
I kind of agree with whatupguys because it would be fun this is kind of what I meant in my Training Arena thing like a little pvp in it.

8)Ryanisthemaster
:D Ryan :D