May 24, 2024, 11:18:56 am

Author Topic: Griefing Volume  (Read 2496 times)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Griefing Volume
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:08:20 pm »
This topic is like question more than suggestion.
I know that there are some rules, stated or not in Mod+ Op+ forum that obviously I can't see. But, during weekend, I got griefed 3-4 times. I haven't logged in since then, and I dont know what is going on there. I hope I will find it in one piece.

Now, to bring you to the point.
I can't understand if there are only 2-3-4 blocks, is not considered as a grief and the player is free. I informed by some Ops that for more than 5-6 blocks it is grief.
So, in my farms that I have them in the mountain, what should I do? to make 5-6 floors with blocks so, if he breaks them to be considered as grief? And now that the possible griefer breaks 2-4 blocks to enter and kills all the chicken or even only 2, collects meat, eggs(possible chicken), kills my sheaps, my cows. I have many animals(what I know at least since last log in). Isn't it greif? Or should I know the number of animals, to count them and later to tell you that I am "-3" sheaps, "-5" chicken? this is crazy.

IF he/she comes in, he WILL take/kill something. I logged in Sunday morning and I found broken blocks and my chicken run around like stupid.

Now, for the suggestion's needs.
Each block and day for ban.
First time of grief:
2 blocks=2 days.
5 blocks=5days.

Second time:
4 days+ days by the blocks.

I am just curious to see your reactions and the players' opinions on that.

What will be my next step if that fail? To build at layer 6 a great farm with obsidian for walls? Are you kidding me?
I have them in the mountain to me hidden..

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
Re: Griefing Volume
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:46:19 pm »
This is just my opinion, but if they grief for the second time shouldn't they be banned forever?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:06:43 am by littlej11 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »
I hope i can clear this up. We dont just give a free pass to a guy who only breaks 2 blocks, we make a mental note of it, if the same guy keeps doing that then he will get a temp ban.

Baseing how long the ban is based on the number of blocks broken is a really bad idea because not all blocks are the same. If some guy breaks 2 blocks in the side of your house it is not equal to if some guy breaks 2 blocks of your glowstone. However, there is also a gray area because we cant know how many sheep (in this example) someone killed and we also can't prove that they killed them. Therefore you could just say "i had 12 sheep" when you really only had 3 sheep or none at all.

I have been watching and i personally feel that our mods and op's are making good choices with bans and ban lengths.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:00:11 am »
Little, as I said at the beginning, I dont know the template that the Ops Mods use.
I just mentioned a way for ban. Nick? I can't lie.. I cant say that I had 12 even if I had 2.But, I would like Optical to tell me, if the chicken can dissapear from the farm. A closed farm. Because, once, I had around to 30 chicken and later 2or 3? I didnt report a grief because an Op told me that they can dissapear from nothing.

Anyway, I feel more secure that SMP has a report system that can notify if one player has already griefed once again.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:47 am »
Little, as I said at the beginning, I dont know the template that the Ops Mods use.
I just mentioned a way for ban. Nick? I can't lie.. I cant say that I had 12 even if I had 2.But, I would like Optical to tell me, if the chicken can dissapear from the farm. A closed farm. Because, once, I had around to 30 chicken and later 2or 3? I didnt report a grief because an Op told me that they can dissapear from nothing.

Anyway, I feel more secure that SMP has a report system that can notify if one player has already griefed once again.

As I said, they probably de-spawned. Animal farms in SMP are very hard to keep going unless they are in a densly populated area.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:33:21 pm »
I have chickens all over my city land because every time the chunk loads some of them get out.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »
Your City? Do you have a city?

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 06:58:55 pm »
Your City? Do you have a city?
She does, called...Lynia? Close enough.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:23 am »
Very nice. Is she?