May 04, 2024, 12:14:17 am

Author Topic: WoM Problems?  (Read 8358 times)

jonasknilsen

• View Profile
WoM Problems?
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:46:38 pm »
Hello fellow opticrafters!
Does anyone have problems with wom? well i do... it wont open... it just comes a little screen then comes error and closes...
Anyone know the reason? please tell me;)

~Jonas
~Opticraft~
A Better Minecraft Server Will You Never Find!!
We Got The Most Creative People!

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: WoM Problems?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:39 pm »
Have you got the most recent version of the WoM client? (2.0.5)

Also, what is the error that displays?

jonasknilsen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:05:08 pm »
Yes i have...
When i run wom, then i log in, choose opticraft... but when the clients gonna come up.. then it is in a little screen then it fails, then i need to close the program.
~Opticraft~

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:21:38 pm »
i also have a problem with wom.... most people know about it.
it's like this:
  • when i load too much of a world, all text dissapears
  • if the whole world is loaded but i havn't looked at it, i have no problem
  • if i look at hte loaded world all text dissapears
  • on random occations or when i restart wom my text returns, but this is only untill i go look at too much of the world i am in
what i can conclude is that there's either something wrong with my RAM or something wrong with the memory storing coding of wom...

yes i have the latest version of wom and java and yes i tried re installing everything...

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

jonasknilsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:25:54 pm »
Uploading video then ill show...
~Opticraft~

jonasknilsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »
Never mind guys ;P i got it to work... had to restart the computer for some reason...
But Thanks Anyways!!
~Jonas
~Opticraft~

Keaft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 04:09:09 am »
So we know that yesterday and today there has been a "hack attempt" to the minecraft.net and wom listings. This has cause quite a problem in login efforts for all users. If you would take a moment and copy paste this information to an email in complaint to the ISPs we can absolutely shut them down for good.

Send this email to: abuse@cv.net
Code: [Select]
Subject: Insertion of unwarranted data into public service website

"Hack attempt"

Date and time of occurrence (with reference to your local time zone); Between December, 21st and December, 22nd. GMT -7
Intruder's IP address; 24.188.21.159
Intruder's sending port; 25565 and possibly many others.
Victim's IP address and receiving port; 50.16.203.217(minecraft.net):assumed port 80
Type of communication (TCP or UDP); TCP
Indication of frequency by count or list and type of attack, if applicable.

This appears to be a constant attack, beginning on December 21st. This public service website (minecraft.net) accepts packets of information regarding a community assisted server list. Minecraft.net's main purpose is to obtain the packets of information and sort the server list. Through this ip address it has been found to be a flood of these packets over flowing the minecraft.net server list, cause slow connections to the entire public. Many server name listings under the name: "DeltaGamers.com Map Making."

Please consider looking into this incident and deal with the offender appropriately.

There are actually 2 fellows causing this problem. Go to this website:

http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/?branding=virginmedia
Do: Network Attack->Network Abuse
Copy and paste this info into the correct fields:

Offenders IP: 77.96.74.50
Offenders email: [leave blank]
Log Evidence:
This appears to be a constant attack, beginning on December 21st. This public service website (minecraft.net) accepts packets of information regarding a community assisted server list. Minecraft.net's main purpose is to obtain the packets of information and sort the server list. Through this ip address it has been found to be a flood of these packets over flowing the minecraft.net server list, cause slow connections to the entire public. Many server name listings under the name: "Stew is awesome"Fill out the rest of the fields as you want and click submit. You may choose the remain anonymous button.

The idea is not to worry about whether or not this fits under the precise correct category, but rather to bring it to their attentions. If we sit by, we will accomplish nothing and it will continue to be a problem. Be active!

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 11:07:58 am »
So we know that yesterday and today there has been a "hack attempt" to the minecraft.net and wom listings. This has cause quite a problem in login efforts for all users. If you would take a moment and copy paste this information to an email in complaint to the ISPs we can absolutely shut them down for good.

"Hack attempt"

Date and time of occurrence (with reference to your local time zone); Between December, 21st and December, 22nd. GMT -7
Victim's IP address and receiving port; 50.16.203.217(minecraft.net):assumed port 80

This appears to be a constant attack, beginning on December 21st. This public service website (minecraft.net) accepts packets of information regarding a community assisted server list. Minecraft.net's main purpose is to obtain the packets of information and sort the server list. Through this ip address it has been found to be a flood of these packets over flowing the minecraft.net server list, cause slow connections to the entire public. Many server name listings under the name: "DeltaGamers.com Map Making."

Please consider looking into this incident and deal with the offender appropriately.

Log Evidence:
This appears to be a constant attack, beginning on December 21st. This public service website (minecraft.net) accepts packets of information regarding a community assisted server list. Minecraft.net's main purpose is to obtain the packets of information and sort the server list. Through this ip address it has been found to be a flood of these packets over flowing the minecraft.net server list, cause slow connections to the entire public. Many server name listings under the name: "Stew is awesome"Fill out the rest of the fields as you want and click submit. You may choose the remain anonymous button.

The idea is not to worry about whether or not this fits under the precise correct category, but rather to bring it to their attentions. If we sit by, we will accomplish nothing and it will continue to be a problem. Be active!

Sorry, who are you?

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »

"Hack attempt"

Log Evidence:

Sorry, who are you?
Don't be rude.
He's a coder in python that wants to open a server as far as I know.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 02:20:30 pm »

"Hack attempt"

Log Evidence:

Sorry, who are you?
Don't be rude.

The reason I am asking is he has never posted on this forum before, posted something completely unreleated to the topic (As far as I can see), and is just telling us to do things?

EliteDelta

• Custom Title:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 02:31:00 pm »

"Hack attempt"

Log Evidence:

:O

How long did this take you, good sir?

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 03:03:18 pm »
I suggest you to don't follow it, because can create problems.
When you send something, then you become target.

Keaft

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »
*snip*
Don't be rude.

That's me. Hmm I should have made it a little more clear as to why this effects wom. And now I actually have a lot more information. :)

Turns out there is a program someone made that sends faux heartbeats to the mc.net classic server list. Everyones internet can support up to 65535 ports. We assume there are at least 5 "hackers" using this program to over populate the mc.net server list, which causes all sorts of problems. A large list, means long sort times.

aaaand I just read the first post.... I guess this is what happens when you have 3 forums up and all of the problems start with "wom is having issues."

Well.... then.. I feel real smart.

waylay: This is now a fyi thread........

So now you know why wom is having issues, and mc.net doesn't load it's classic server list.

How long did this take you, good sir?
To write up that email? Probably 10 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:09:05 pm by Keaft »

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 06:38:58 pm »
that doesn't fix my problem as i have had it for about half a year....

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Keaft

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 07:41:37 pm »
What brand of video card do you have? Drivers up to date? Seems like ATI tend to break the mold.

What size world does it have textual issues? (ie. 64x64x64 all the way up to 1024x1024x1024)

Do you also play SMP? (might try removing the minecraft folder in %appdata%/roaming/ See if that has any effect)

As you suggested, it could be ram. I assume you are running it on windows. If you can try to get hold of memtest86 and run it. Often linux distributions have memtest86 included. You might also check the Ultimate boot cd. Everyone should have one of those :)