May 18, 2024, 03:22:45 am

Author Topic: 1.00  (Read 45659 times)

morten2ela

• View Profile
Re: 1.00
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »
Morten, if survival is about making great builds, then why is it called survival?

Name some servers where people come on every day, having fun just surviving. This is a community, it should be based on something sustainable.
I know of a great one, it is called the opticraft beta server, you should try it out.

If you get online each day, just to stand around surviving from creepers and such, you really should reconsider what fun is.

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2011, 10:24:18 pm »
Morten, if survival is about making great builds, then why is it called survival?

Name some servers where people come on every day, having fun just surviving. This is a community, it should be based on something sustainable.

Any of the reddit servers.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2011, 10:31:44 pm »
I agreed Relkeb, if you are playing singleplayer. The mountains and such gets ruined shortly after serverlaunch. Flat lands with amazing architecture are much more impressive to me. People will not come to Opticraft to view mountains, trees and rivers.

The purpose of a survival server isn't to impress people. Its for fun.

When I go to other smp servers I'm not there to drool over other peoples work, I'm there to play survival. For instance, the reddit survival server is probably the best one I've been on cause the terrain is so awesome. Mountains everywhere. Me, Nick, and Optical went on a while ago and I think it was pretty enjoyable due to that terrain element. If people wanna have eyegasms over our work they can visit the classic server.

Yes, but would you come back each day to climb mountains and avoid creepers? I am not saying people should be amazed by our buildings, I am saying they should build them. Gather resources, make a shops, anything they can enjoy over a long period. In the end, we need people to come back, and back again!

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2011, 10:46:08 pm »
This is stupid. Someone just get a seed with no oceans. 

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:08 pm »
This is stupid. Someone just get a seed with no oceans. 

---><--- Click the monkey

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2011, 01:30:01 am »
This bickering is ridiculously childish, but most of all its irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2011, 01:50:46 am »
I've gone lost somewhere here, But if we do get a seed with no Ocean what would we do when we need water for our farms and other things?
Probably the best Builder ever.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2011, 02:14:38 am »
I've gone lost somewhere here, But if we do get a seed with no Ocean what would we do when we need water for our farms and other things?

use a lake or an op or a river

and anyways if there can't be a seed found just drain it like the lake on the other map, might be a bit lower but at least it'll have a sorta natural looking ground
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:40:04 am by Nyssa »

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2011, 02:51:11 am »
This bickering is ridiculously childish, but most of all its irrelevant to the topic at hand.

What is the topic at hand?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:54:11 am by Relkeb »

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2011, 03:00:08 am »
We have to wait for three things.

a): Bukkit to update to 1.0 (primary blockage)

b): plugins to update to new bukkit build

c): new map spawn to be created (can be done concurrently with C, once we decide on the spawn and who is building it etc)
The main issue here. ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2011, 06:05:53 am »
While it is ridiculously childish, we are basically arguing what direction we want to see the server go in, morten wants it more like creative and me and relkeb want it more survival. The seed which we choose will highly reflect what direction the server will go in.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2011, 06:11:44 am »
why cant we have it both? the map is big enough for everyone to do whatever it is they want to do with it.

and will the new map also have borders like the current one?

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2011, 06:13:44 am »
I don't see the seed being a problem nomatter what we get/choose, things will be changed either way.

I'd much rather survival, it's not a deal breaker for me.. but i love breaking into caves and it being like a scary movie with things coming outa the darkness and fighting back the mobs at a spawner (as easy as they are they are still fun).
Creative will add alot of issues as well like instant block breakage for 1.

If we had both we'd need new worlds (correct me if i'm wrong) and that'd put a huge load on the host, or mean we had to get another.. which costs $$$

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2011, 06:24:50 am »
and will the new map also have borders like the current one?
Yes but I'm not sure how big optical will make the border.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2011, 08:12:43 am »
Best compromise is to get a random seed and have volunteers clear a big square around the spawn, for good builds. The rest of the map remains as survival with the normal biomes and stuff. Similar to what someone else has already suggested. :)

What are borders, btw?