June 17, 2024, 03:42:57 am

Author Topic: 1.00  (Read 46831 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1.00
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
Exactly what relkeb said, this is a survival server not a creative server. People seem to think that they are going to be given huge plots of land and the blocks to be able to build huge projects but that is what a creative server is for. Survival servers are all about surviving, so you will see small log houses and builds that look crappy. And it is way more fun to try and survive in a mountainous terrain. I don't want to walk on flat lands the whole time, they are unappealing and boring. Mountains are exciting and make you want to explore them.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2011, 07:29:39 pm »
Exactly what relkeb said, this is a survival server not a creative server. People seem to think that they are going to be given huge plots of land and the blocks to be able to build huge projects but that is what a creative server is for. Survival servers are all about surviving, so you will see small log houses and builds that look crappy. And it is way more fun to try and survive in a mountainous terrain. I don't want to walk on flat lands the whole time, they are unappealing and boring. Mountains are exciting and make you want to explore them.

Exactly.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2011, 02:08:10 am »
And what will people do after viewing our mountains and creating their dirt hut?

My view of survival vs creative minecraft 1.0 servers, is the method of getting the materials, not which buildings that get built!

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 02:10:44 am »
And what will people do after viewing our mountains and creating their dirt hut?

And what will people do after viewing our beautiful builds?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2011, 07:39:27 am »
Umm maybe survive?

I'm not saying that great buildings shouldn't be built, im saying that is not the point of survival therefore we should not focus on it.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2011, 11:40:02 am »
ok, ppl you knoiw what?
let's get a seed with flat land around spawn and rought terrain around that flat area

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:47 am »
ok, ppl you knoiw what?
let's get a seed with flat land around spawn and rought terrain around that flat area
Sounds good! Make sure it's zoned, though. Or not, if you don't mind people digging around it.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2011, 01:01:12 pm »

And what will people do after viewing our beautiful builds?

That is not even an argument.

Start building their own ones, join a city, try making money. Anything that won't bore them, and cause them to leave.

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2011, 01:16:25 pm »
Its not intended to be an argument. Its the same question you posed but from a different perspective.

Optical whats your opinion, you haven't said much
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:26:07 pm by Relkeb »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2011, 05:29:54 pm »
Morten, if survival is about making great builds, then why is it called survival?

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2011, 07:45:03 pm »

My view of survival vs creative minecraft 1.0 servers, is the method of getting the materials, not which buildings that get built!
I say we have a variety, mountains for people that want to survive, and flatter lands for people that want to build.

---><--- Click the monkey

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2011, 08:13:49 pm »

I say we have a variety, mountains for people that want to survive, and flatter lands for people that want to build.

Brilliant.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2011, 08:33:44 pm »
Morten, if survival is about making great builds, then why is it called survival?

Name some servers where people come on every day, having fun just surviving. This is a community, it should be based on something sustainable.

I would also like to insert my orginal statement.
I am not saying to remove every aspect of the natural elements, just not as drastic as they are now. and there is possible for some mountains, yes. But as it is now, there are almost no "flat"lands, just a bunch of mountaintops with some less than decent buildings on them.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2011, 08:58:41 pm »

Name some servers where people come on every day, having fun just surviving. This is a community, it should be based on something sustainable.
I know of a great one, it is called the opticraft beta server, you should try it out.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »
Can we just go with Tobs suggestion? I liked it.