• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: 1.00
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2011, 09:16:19 pm »
When craftbukkit and all the plugins have been updated yes. It's currently on a 1.7 map :P

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2011, 10:41:44 pm »
Being that this is a survival server, I would hope we use a map seed that has lots of mountains and minimal bodies of water. I think adventure is a big part of playing on a survival server, and walking along flatlands can get rather boring.

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2011, 10:57:20 pm »
Being that this is a survival server, I would hope we use a map seed that has lots of mountains and minimal bodies of water. I think adventure is a big part of playing on a survival server, and walking along flatlands can get rather boring.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2011, 11:21:55 pm »

I agree with what Relkeb said.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2011, 03:44:54 am »
I hate the ocean update, it's annoying, why would anyone need an ocean?

---><--- Click the monkey

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2011, 03:56:22 am »
I honestly have no idea why they added oceans, especially if boats are still broken/buggy as hell.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2011, 04:03:37 am »
To make the atlantis city and fleets and stuff like BBQ Bay =p

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2011, 07:05:35 am »
Oceans sucks, I made a private vanilla server and I was stuck in the oceans and I couldn't find a land to stay on...

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2011, 07:10:28 am »

That BBQ bay thing was made before oceans.

I agree with Optical, oceans suck, I guess they could be alright on singleplayer, if you could toggle them on off in generation (But seperate to stongholds and whatever).

I have seen videos where people spawn in the middle of an ocean, they try to swim to mainland, die of hunger (You know, 1/2 a heart left, its night when they finally find land).

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2011, 07:18:18 am »

That BBQ bay thing was made before oceans.

I agree with Optical, oceans suck, I guess they could be alright on singleplayer, if you could toggle them on off in generation (But seperate to stongholds and whatever).

I have seen videos where people spawn in the middle of an ocean, they try to swim to mainland, die of hunger (You know, 1/2 a heart left, its night when they finally find land).

i know it was but now there would be plenty of room for more seems there are more people here.

if all else fails get morten or relkeb to make some flat land, or maybe mountains on it if they feel creative

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:26 am »
I agreed Relkeb, if you are playing singleplayer. The mountains and such gets ruined shortly after serverlaunch. Flat lands with amazing architecture are much more impressive to me. People will not come to Opticraft to view mountains, trees and rivers.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2011, 10:26:18 am »
@morten
if you leave out the natural elements it will all look less cool.
i mean, if you have a castle with a village but no river or mountains or forests in the neighbourhood it'll just look like some buildings in the middle of nowhere.
what you expect is classic style building in beta, but mostly the reasom why people play beta is for the block variaty (duhh), survival, and of course the landscapes. if you cut out that last one, it will atract less people.

this is my opinion.

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2011, 10:54:22 am »
I am not saying to remove every aspect of the natural elements, just not as drastic as they are now. and there is possible for some mountains, yes. But as it is now, there are almost no "flat"lands, just a bunch of mountaintops with some less than decent buildings on them.

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2011, 02:54:18 pm »
I agreed Relkeb, if you are playing singleplayer. The mountains and such gets ruined shortly after serverlaunch. Flat lands with amazing architecture are much more impressive to me. People will not come to Opticraft to view mountains, trees and rivers.

The purpose of a survival server isn't to impress people. Its for fun.

When I go to other smp servers I'm not there to drool over other peoples work, I'm there to play survival. For instance, the reddit survival server is probably the best one I've been on cause the terrain is so awesome. Mountains everywhere. Me, Nick, and Optical went on a while ago and I think it was pretty enjoyable due to that terrain element. If people wanna have eyegasms over our work they can visit the classic server.