May 18, 2024, 03:08:29 am

Author Topic: 1.00  (Read 45658 times)

frodonk

• View Profile
Re: 1.00
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 02:33:54 am »
so ravines, abandoned mine shafts and strongholds are disabled too?

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2011, 02:55:07 am »
npc villages are not disabled, it was merely an idea.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2011, 02:56:33 am »
Oh, I knew that :P

Okay, i guess we know it was an idea. False Alarm.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2011, 06:14:53 am »
npc villages are not disabled, it was merely an idea.
Whew.. Thanks Optical. :)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2011, 10:57:58 am »
Ah, sorry. I thought I heard someone say they were disabled as it just gives you free resources with no effort (Wheat, materials, a house etc.) My bad, sorry for the false alarm!

Offtopic: Frodonk, if you disable villages, I know strongholds and mineshafts are disabled, but are Ravines?

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2011, 01:51:25 pm »
well i dont know, that's why im asking, since in my opinion there's no harm in having strongholds, mine shafts and ravines (if they are included in the list as something that can be disabled) in the server, but i can see how npc villages can make everything easy in a SMP server.

from what i can see i think ravines are part of the geography of the map, and cannot be disabled, i could be wrong though.

just my 2 cents, and i think that we should have a seed first, unless there's already one.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2011, 04:46:46 pm »
You are correct - for server sofware you download (Notch's, Bukkit etc.), but if the server's map generator was to be modded/if there was a plugin to mod the generator to disable ravines you would be able to turn them off - but I don't see any point as to why you would want to as they are fun to explore, and have monsters drop from above :P

NPC villages are not really that common and the only resources they have that you couldnt get too easily if they were disabled is the wool, glass and iron bars. Wood, cobblestone, gravel and wheat can be easily obtained without any villages, through trees and tall grass. And as for a house, if you were that lazy not to build one and to search for miles and miles for a village just to call home you might as well just build your own. Plus, you are limited as to where you want to build (unless the village is in the perfect spot ;)). On other servers I've been on people just dismiss the villages anyway and only take the wheat. But thats just my opinion so yeah :P

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2011, 05:34:11 pm »
I would like to have ravines, mineshafts, and villages etc.

I just had 2 thoughts though:
1. We should delete Tobs' post and pm optical the code, so people don't take it, and create a world of their own, then find where stuff is or whatever.
2. Some sort of plugin to allow you to get melon/pumpkin seeds fairly easily. Food is helpful, and melons are quite good. If somebody found a abandoned mineshaft, and that was the only one in the area for a while, they could sell it at obsenely high prices, as nobody else can get them (Without stealing).

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2011, 06:04:30 pm »
1. that is assuming tob's seed is used, which of course idk if it will be used. but whatever seed it is i agree with claw.

2. i thought pumpkins are found randomly in the overworld?

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2011, 06:29:57 pm »
Generally flat land, minimal water/ocean cover, with forests etc/ Less mountainy
I don't see what's so bad about mountains, it's the oceans that bug me.

---><--- Click the monkey

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »
They are found on the surface world, and I don't think there is any point for your second point claw. It's fun to see people break into your mineshafts and sreal your melon seeds because they are rare...  :P
But once people find pumpkins they can be crafted to make seeds in which they can be mass produced and same with melons.

And as for your first point claw, it is avalible in F3 still so there's no point really. Optical can remove the seed if he would like to use it :)

Mr, I think optical might mean not the whole/most of the map mountainous - altohugh I do like mountains a bit too :P

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2011, 07:06:59 pm »
I still dont see what would be wrong with spawning in a npc village and opti could just move the spawn out of the village we so we spawn there in a epic strucre with the village infront of us

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »
I still dont see what would be wrong with spawning in a npc village and opti could just move the spawn out of the village we so we spawn there in a epic strucre with the village infront of us

Its more that nobody really cares if we have a village rather than us just not wanting it...

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2011, 08:29:30 pm »
What claw said,

On other servers I've been on people just dismiss the villages anyway
And same here on opticraft for most people. It is also a lot nicer to have a unique spawn rather than one that everyone who has minecraft has seen.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2011, 08:39:53 pm »
Wait... so it is being re-set for 1.0?