May 04, 2024, 02:01:02 am

Author Topic: Language knowledge  (Read 14014 times)

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
Re: Language knowledge
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 06:36:54 am »
its more like dialects rather than languages
and in that case i gotta agree with relk, i know all different englishes too xD

ReljaM

• I RULE THE WORLD WITH NO PICTURE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 08:57:55 am »
I don't understand American English much, but I do Britain English! By the way I don't have female friends from America only Britain. Oh and Norway and lots of guy friends ( who would probably do it with ones in Norway) in Germany.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 10:04:56 am »
I don't understand American English much, but I do Britain English! By the way I don't have female friends from America only Britain. Oh and Norway and lots of guy friends ( who would probably do it with ones in Norway) in Germany.

1. They are nearly the same, apart from a few words (Examples: Jam in England, Jelly (I believe) in America. Many spellings with s in England, z in America (Aka. Civilisation (British) and Civilization (American)).

( who would probably do it with ones in Norway)
What?

ReljaM

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 10:22:52 am »

1. They are nearly the same, apart from a few words (Examples: Jam in England, Jelly (I believe) in America. Many spellings with s in England, z in America (Aka. Civilisation (British) and Civilization (American)).

What?
1. I do use s instead of z!
2. Well you know...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:25:16 am by ReljaM »

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 12:08:45 pm »
I write with American Style, but when i want to hear a document for my course, i prefer british Accent.
I don't know why.. Maybe it is more clear with better articulation. I can also, understand the 99% of those that speak english, only if they don't speak like shewing gum.. I have a person in my group that we work for a team project, and at the beginning I couldn't understand him. Till, I cant understand some things.. Thats why I understand the 99%..

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 01:15:13 pm »

What?
2. Well you know...

1. Your saying that you couldn't understand somebody who wrote "Its a civilization," but you could if they wrote "Its a civilisation." I think I read a study that you are able to read something if half the letters are in the right order, or something very similar...

2. Not really..?

I write with American Style, but when i want to hear a document for my course, i prefer british Accent.
I don't know why.. Maybe it is more clear with better articulation. I can also, understand the 99% of those that speak english, only if they don't speak like shewing gum.. I have a person in my group that we work for a team project, and at the beginning I couldn't understand him. Till, I cant understand some things.. Thats why I understand the 99%..

I totally agree with you on the chewing gum.

ReljaM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »

What?
2. Well you know...

1. Your saying that you couldn't understand somebody who wrote "Its a civilization," but you could if they wrote "Its a civilisation." I think I read a study that you are able to read something if half the letters are in the right order, or something very similar...

2. Not really..?

I totally agree with you on the chewing gum.
1. I could understand both but I say civilisation.
2. Nevermind.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 06:54:43 pm »
British English
American English

In that case I know Canadian English, American English, South American English, British English, European English, and Australian English.

Oh, and every other English in the world.

I just have Both accent :D

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 07:28:56 pm »
Excuse me we use slang in australia mate and im learning indonesian i know a bit of it

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:23 am »
excuse me "mate" i live in australia, i was born here, but i dont use slang.
everyone is different, it is personal preference.
in britain and australia a lower case z is written differently, but i still choose to write it the american way.
it comes down to preference.

Missters

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 01:49:39 am »
I speak Norwegian, English, Danish, Swedish and German :3

\o/\o/
 |   |
 /\  /\

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 06:48:34 am »
I only know English. I use to learn Indonesian and Italian in primary school but only got as far as counting to 20 xD
Also the only difference between countries speaking English is the accent, and a few spelling, nothing more :P
For example: American: Color. Australian: Colour
And in Australia we use a little bit of slang eg: Devo = devastated/devastating :P

Nikita

• The Musician Operator
  • Im gonna eat your brain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 11:19:11 am »
Well I can speak Norwegian, English and a little bit French.
I also understand Swedish and Danish, and maybe some German :P

ReljaM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 03:11:52 pm »
excuse me "mate" i live in australia, i was born here, but i dont use slang.
everyone is different, it is personal preference.
in britain and australia a lower case z is written differently, but i still choose to write it the american way.
it comes down to preference.
lol you were born on Opticraft xD?

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:48 pm »
is Opticraftish also a language?
like:
"t/cuboid grey
tplease type /j guest to start building
ti haz a water leak :O
ttobs, i have a some dirt i need replaced!!
tomg creeper fell out of tha tree
t/kill"

if so i can add a language to my list :P

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~