May 08, 2024, 03:05:38 pm

Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 3200 times)

II_Zero_II

• Divides by Zero Daily
    • View Profile
Disappointed
« on: October 12, 2011, 05:59:56 pm »
So not only was i banned for a week for no legitimate reason other then morten lost his temper, and over-reacted, But i was left banned even after that week has already come and gone. I was informed that morten was being spoken to about the matter and thats the last i heard of it, not so much as a reply to the status. I supplied screenshots of him allowing others to break the rules, and breaking them himself. The very rules he was given his title to uphold. In closing i'm severely disappointed in the way this matter was handled, the way it even came about, and the utter lack of respect or caring for anyone lower then admin rank. Furthermore i'm disappointed that an admin can break the rules and have no consequences, how are we to be led by those that break the rules we must follow. Do as i say not as i do? I appologize if my words offend someone, or anyone, sometimes the truth hurts. Events such as these taint the name of this server, and prevent people from even bothering to join, or repeatedly come back once they have, which in turn hurts the revenue of this server. The trickle down effect is, every player of the server feels the pains and burdens that events, like what happpened to me, repeatedly occuring inevitably bring. I wish you all the best of luck in all your endevours, and in closing state, "reflect on previous actions, as you may very well repeat them in the future, and need a reference on how Not to handle things again." Take care everyone.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10:13 pm »
So not only was i banned for a week for no legitimate reason other then morten lost his temper, and over-reacted, But i was left banned even after that week has already come and gone. I was informed that morten was being spoken to about the matter and thats the last i heard of it, not so much as a reply to the status. I supplied screenshots of him allowing others to break the rules, and breaking them himself. The very rules he was given his title to uphold. In closing i'm severely disappointed in the way this matter was handled, the way it even came about, and the utter lack of respect or caring for anyone lower then admin rank. Furthermore i'm disappointed that an admin can break the rules and have no consequences, how are we to be led by those that break the rules we must follow. Do as i say not as i do? I appologize if my words offend someone, or anyone, sometimes the truth hurts. Events such as these taint the name of this server, and prevent people from even bothering to join, or repeatedly come back once they have, which in turn hurts the revenue of this server. The trickle down effect is, every player of the server feels the pains and burdens that events, like what happpened to me, repeatedly occuring inevitably bring. I wish you all the best of luck in all your endevours, and in closing state, "reflect on previous actions, as you may very well repeat them in the future, and need a reference on how Not to handle things again." Take care everyone.

No no no no no, don't leave me :o

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:40:55 pm »
I am also dissapointed in how this was handeled but there is a good chance the info I had on this matter was wrong.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:27:30 pm »
You are unbanned.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »
I was there the day it happend..

And as im sure you are aware, he was on my back first.. I got "yelled" at and "humiliated" for no apparent reason.. Thankfully, i took the highroad, and apologized (still not sure for what excactly), and got out of the sticky situation, unharmed.. Though it felt like i was close to a ban aswell..

I didnt follow your entire conversation afterwards (i was building), but from what i saw, you didnt provoke anyone.. You spoke your mind, in a sensible and mature way, and had valid points..

Guess you just picked the wrong day to speak your mind..

Remember, this is opticraft, you dont actually get points in your hat for being mature, you get points for talking about being mature..

Anyways, good to have you back..

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:24:33 pm by Muhnator »
Only 2 things are infinite. Space and human stupidity....

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:26:49 pm »
you dont actually get points in your hat for being mature, you get point for talking about being mature..

Sadly, true.

Anyways, good to have you back..

I spoke to him today (He told me what server his is now playing on). He may not come back unfortunatly :( , but I will try to persuade him..

Offtopic: Muh, I now know how you feel about the mine... Over the past few days I have not been able to play, and my mine has been totally wrecked by people going in without any permission mining random blocks, placing protected chests and furnaces in it, etc... Yeah... It sucks.

Shadowsin

• Helping Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »

I'm afraid everything he has stated here is true, Admin's should not have as much "power" as they do, nor should people be getting banned just because an admin is pissed, i believe that would be called "griefing" am i correct?

Also, i don't feel very good about admitting this but Muh is right, you don't get points for being mature on this server, you get points for talking about being mature. (not like i'm one to talk, i know i can be very immature at times.)
Good luck to you all. ^_^v

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 04:01:18 pm »
This thread was 13 days old....

Shadowsin

• Helping Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:45 pm »
This thread was 13 days old....

And...? what is so wrong about posting on an old post? people do it all the time.
Good luck to you all. ^_^v

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 04:22:41 pm »
This whole situation has been settled so there is no need to restart this discussion.

wakkorotti

• It can't rain all the time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »
This is starting to remind me of finnish politics. Oh, the drama.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 07:27:39 pm »
This has been dealt with, don't bump it again.

~Locked.