May 04, 2024, 11:29:57 pm

Author Topic: Economy and protection  (Read 24337 times)

Muhnator

• View Profile
Re: Economy and protection
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 01:19:40 pm »
The one thing I still dislike, is to bedrock protection. I was very happy with another server I played on that had residence, but didn't agree with bedrock so much... (Well, one person used it, nobody else bothered going down to bedrock.)

See you've just said everything right there. There are very few people who are going to take advantage of all residence has to offer, few total dimension protections, and fewer sky to bedrock, and fewer still total area and sky to bedrock. So it's kinda moot.

So to make it more simple...

With the current system you are suggesting. (Ressidence)

A : Will i be able to setup any protection as i want it ?

B : Will i be able to make it go to the bedrock ?

C : Will i be able to buy mutilble 96x96x(x) areas ?

All my fear was about, was the server turning into monopoly, and we all of the sudden see ppl hording land, without it being built on.. (Some ppl would see this a goal in the game, even if it not) This is not a problem the first few months, but all i was scared about, was that in a few monts time, there would not be space for any new players.. ( I belive most of us remeber the space reservation issuses in classic)

Im only posting for the good of the server, if im wrong, dont hate me for it..

Muhnator
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:09:12 pm by Muhnator »
Only 2 things are infinite. Space and human stupidity....

Muhnator

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »
Muhn how are u going to talk about no space for guests when u told me u wamted a 400x400 space?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeVil.DeMonde

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 02:35:53 pm »

All my fear was about, was the server turning into monopoly, and we all of the sudden see ppl hording land, without it being built on.. (Some ppl would see this a goal in the game, even if it not) This is not a problem the first few months, but all i was scared about, was that in a few monts time, there would not be space for any new players.. ( I belive most of us remeber the space reservation issuses in classic)

Muhnator
Yes, within the parameters Optic sets.
Yes, as well as sky/ceiling provided you have the money to pay for it.
Perhaps, Optic sets how many areas each rank can own as well as size of the area.

The space issue happens on every server if it's a good server. You usually have more players than land to go around for them. But you typically wont see this for a LONG time, unless the server gets REALLY popular.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 07:28:59 pm »

Muhnator
Yes, within the parameters Optic sets.
Yes, as well as sky/ceiling provided you have the money to pay for it.
Perhaps, Optic sets how many areas each rank can own as well as size of the area.

The space issue happens on every server if it's a good server. You usually have more players than land to go around for them. But you typically wont see this for a LONG time, unless the server gets REALLY popular.

Devil :

Im gona rely on you to guide Opti to make this server epic..

Ill apologize for not understanding your tread fully, and on that background my own tread is totally unnessacery..

Nick :

As for the size i waned, i think the total area i need is far from 400x400..Less will be more then enugh..

Bottom line is that i want to be able to make nice things, for ppl to look at, while not having bunkers poping up all around the area im buildin in, as is happening atm..

Muhnator
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:14:31 am by Muhnator »

Muhnator

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 07:37:57 pm »
You are going to see things like bunkers everywhere you go because it is an smp server.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:02 pm »
You are going to see things like bunkers everywhere you go because it is an smp server.

Not if what Devil is saying is right, ill be able to reserve the area i want.

Muhnator

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 01:25:10 am »

Ya but you would would have to buy an incredible amount of 96x96 land.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 01:44:50 am »

And my problem would be ? As i said, im sure i wil totally dominte the economy of the server.. Im allready domintaing the current server. Been giving away diamond and gold, to random ppl. 
But with economy ill be able to make money of it, and i have no need at all for gold or diamonds in the wast numbers i get em, so economy is fine by me.. No more welfare from muhnator in 1,9 :D

I understand economy now, and i allmost cant wait, for the 4 weeks of nonstop mining b4 i settle somewere remote, and then go nuts building. Its gona be epic..

Muhnator

Edit : go look at my signs in the mine, im sure you would get a kick out of em..>.<
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:07:51 am by Muhnator »

Muhnator

DeVil.DeMonde

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 10:02:12 am »
Yar I totally look forward to being your "neighbor". I like a little buffer between my own building and mines and my closest neighbors but I think my giant tree would look good next to your designs, and i know I wouldn't have to worry about either of us griefing the other.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 11:37:18 am »

And my problem would be ? As i said, im sure i wil totally dominte the economy of the server.. Im allready domintaing the current server. Been giving away diamond and gold, to random ppl. 
But with economy ill be able to make money of it, and i have no need at all for gold or diamonds in the wast numbers i get em, so economy is fine by me.. No more welfare from muhnator in 1,9 :D

I understand economy now, and i allmost cant wait, for the 4 weeks of nonstop mining b4 i settle somewere remote, and then go nuts building. Its gona be epic..

Muhnator

Edit : go look at my signs in the mine, im sure you would get a kick out of em..>.<

So the economy system is so that u can show of ur a rich guy? I mean seriously. This tells me u want ppl know u r rich
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 12:28:41 pm »
Yar I totally look forward to being your "neighbor". I like a little buffer between my own building and mines and my closest neighbors but I think my giant tree would look good next to your designs, and i know I wouldn't have to worry about either of us griefing the other.

I'm looking forward to having you as a neighbour aswell, since we play the game for the same reasons..

Surviving mobs = Yawn

Surviving mobs, while gathering materials for epic structures = epic fun

Looking forward to the ingame competition :D

Muhnator
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:05:38 am by Muhnator »

Muhnator

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »

So the economy system is so that u can show of ur a rich guy? I mean seriously. This tells me u want ppl know u r rich

No, again you dont get the point.. I will only be massing money, untill i have the amount i need to buy the spot i want.

You for one should know i dont care about wealth, since you have been a reciever of alot of welfare from me..

Money will just be a tool for me, to make sure i dont get griefed or having neighbourrs that dont spend time on their buildings, or break into my mine.
Muhnator welfare, will prob start again when i have secured my spot, so dont qq yet..

Muhnator
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:56:23 pm by Muhnator »

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2011, 02:57:01 pm »
my giant tree

My hero <3 I have always wanted to build a "World tree (Name for them in WoW (A supermassive tree, which people live on and shit)). If you ever need help, you know who to ask :P

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2011, 04:20:44 pm »

Muhnator

When we get an economy system, why wouldn't you want everyone to know that you're rich? I know I would. "hey nick my house is better than yours" "I don't care cause I'm rich biatch".

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 01:09:23 pm »
"hey nick my house is better than yours" "I don't care cause I'm rich biatch".

LMFAO

Muhnator

Muhnator