May 05, 2024, 07:58:52 am

Author Topic: Economy and protection  (Read 24339 times)

Muhnator

• View Profile
Re: Economy and protection
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 01:24:02 pm »
It's like ppl do not read what i write at all..

Im not concerned about me.. As i said, i know i will be on top of the foodchain. I will prob be one of the richest guys in the game, and most ppl on that background would say "loool fuck all you casuals, im gona pwn the entire map"

Im a retard, cuz i do think about the casual, i remeber being the casual.. And this is the problem that most ppl have in opticraft as far as i see it.. As soon as they "gain a rank" the general thought is fk everyone below me..

Im trying to make my voice heard, on behalf of thos that dont have alot of freetime, or mining/building skillz.. These guys do not roam the forums, only non casuals do. But they do deserve the same treatment as the rest of us..

But as i said on the server last night, maby "exploiting" the shit out of the economy system wil make em listen. I would see this as my last solution though..

Economy is however not my biggest concern, as Devil said, "it dosent really matter that mutch". I belive this guy knows what hes talking about. I hope your right man..

My concern was mosty around protection

Im still super interested in hearing Opti's opinion on the protection system i suggested.

Muhnator
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:05:52 pm by Muhnator »
Only 2 things are infinite. Space and human stupidity....

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »
Please don't double post, modify your post instead. Thanks.

If you are a casual player, you:
A. Will not have as bigger builds (less mats, less build) so cheaper to protect
B. Would not care as much if people break in/mess it up a bit, as this is you free time thing, not a very important work of art.
Right?

a : mhmm

b : no matter the size, or quality of the build any player complains about grief. You are a classic op, you should know better then this reply..

B: Exactly. The fact that I am an op, is that I am a casual builder (I do not love it, I may do it ocasionally on the side). I personally, would be annoyed, but I can imagine what a crafter/builder aiming for crafter would do if they were griefed...

And as to your second point, I don't particularly understand your point. It would not matter if you did "expoit" the system, what would it matter to us, unless you reserved much of the world, at which point an op might step in...

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 05:10:30 pm »

B. Would not care as much if people break in/mess it up a bit, as this is you free time thing, not a very important work of art.
Right?

b : no matter the size, or quality of the build any player complains about grief. You are a classic op, you should know better then this reply..

B: Exactly. The fact that I am an op, is that I am a casual builder (I do not love it, I may do it ocasionally on the side). I personally, would be annoyed, but I can imagine what a crafter/builder aiming for crafter would do if they were griefed...

And as to your second point, I don't particularly understand your point. It would not matter if you did "expoit" the system, what would it matter to us, unless you reserved much of the world, at which point an op might step in...

No, the reason you are an op is cuz you couldent achieve crafter. You begged for Op, and was put on trial many times since you have a reputation of not being able to be tusted.. (i was there when you got op, dont forget that) (+ ive seen you grief alot in beta)

You do not grasp this tread at all. Im talking about fixing problems b4 they occur, and fixing em permanently. You are still stuck at narrowminded micromanegment..

Please stop posting in this tread since your input is pointless

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »

Right?

No, the reason you are an op is cuz you couldent achieve crafter. You begged for Op, and was put on trial many times since you have a reputation of not being able to be tusted.. (i was there when you got op, dont forget that) (+ ive seen you grief alot in beta)

You do not grasp this tread at all. Im talking about fixing problems b4 they occur, and fixing em permanently. You are still stuck at narrowminded micromanegment..

I became op because I dislike building and wanted to help the server. If "begging" for op, is making an app, then fine, I did, but so did every other op. And saying that I was on trial because "I am not trusted" is a load of tosh. Its saying they trust you to put you on trial. And you have seen me grief a lot? I don't see myself banned, so kindly enlighten me as to the "Lot of grief" I have done.

I think I grasp this "tread" enough, and just because you cannot accept my opinion, does not mean I cannot post here. Please stop trying to make arguements, as, unlike you, I really don't enjoy them, and they make this topic go off topic.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 05:26:03 pm »

Right?

I became op because I dislike building and wanted to help the server. If "begging" for op, is making an app, then fine, I did, but so did every other op. And saying that I was on trial because "I am not trusted" is a load of tosh. Its saying they trust you to put you on trial. And you have seen me grief a lot? I don't see myself banned, so kindly enlighten me as to the "Lot of grief" I have done.

I think I grasp this "tread" enough, and just because you cannot accept my opinion, does not mean I cannot post here. Please stop trying to make arguements, as, unlike you, I really don't enjoy them, and they make this topic go off topic.

You sir, are the best forum troll ive ever meet. Its the only thing i see you being really good at..
Like you flamed me with pm's ingame calling me all sorts of shit, can i please urge you to pm me instead, about your personal problems. So it dosent take focus of the subject im posting about..

Im aware that you and me will never get along, but this post is not the place to try and solve this.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:34:36 pm by Muhnator »

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »

Right?

You sir, are the best forum troll ive ever meet. Its the only thing i see you being really good at..
Like you flamed me with pm's ingame calling me all sorts of shit, can i please urge you to pm me instead, about your personal problems. So it dosent take focus of the subject im posting about..

Im aware that you and me will never get along, but this post is not the place to try and solve this.

I couldn't agree more with that last sentance. I have no personal problem, apart from you, getting angry at me on the forum, for some reason, could be I have a valid counter arguement, and this annoys you as it is your job to solve arguements.
If you wish to disuss this further, I am perfectly happy to talk to you on IRC, but I would rather we got on topic now.
At this rate, another op, admin, or I will have to lock the topic, rendering it completely useless, and I would rather that didn't happen, as there are some nice points in it.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 06:38:01 pm »
Must you guys do this in every damn beta topic?
As much as I dont like resource hoarding, I believe an economy is the way to go.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 09:10:59 pm »
Claw, i apollogize for being to passionate sometimes.. Our paths crossed at a bad time..

I want us to get along, and forget this petty squabble..

Muhnator
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:13:01 pm by Muhnator »

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 09:15:01 pm »
Claw, i apollogize for being to passionate sometimes.. Our paths crossed at a bad time..

I want us to get along, and forget this petty squabble..

Muhnator

Agreed, sorry for being negative about your ideas, and trying to continue unnecessary arguements, when your suggestions were completely valid.

Claw

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 09:38:31 pm »
Aww, don't they look cute together?

Since when did you guys start posting 1-10 paragraph posts? I like it :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:42:34 pm by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 01:00:03 am »
So a little thing i wana add to this..

I was talking to a good friend of mine on the server, about how protection works..

The person told me that protection would be a nightmare if it was implemented, since ops would the be forced to run around and turn it on and of for ppl, if they decide to mine or build.

It dawned on me, that my lack of english skillz, might have let me down yet again..

If i didnt make this point clear, im gona do it now..

Protection is a zone, dedicated to the player in question. Only the player can break blocks ,build or mine in this zone, but it does not have to be turned on and off.. Its placed once and for all, and then the player will never get bothered again.. (I have a weakness for permanent solutions)

If this has been the reason for the lack of intrest in protection, i blame myself for not making this point more clear..

Muhnator

Edit : As for economy, bring it on, it wasnt really the point of this tread, i was more focusing on protection.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:05:47 am by Muhnator »

Muhnator

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 03:12:45 am »
No, hoarding resources just means you have a lot of resources, and nothing else...

You earn currency from trading what you have, which in turn allows you to buy what you need from others, or from the server shop - which will only sell some special things, at very high prices. This is an  sink, and reduces inflation. This is how you will acquire zones, and any other unobtainable privileges or items.

You don't earn currency from having diamonds in your chests, you earn money by selling your diamonds to others, as well as spending time on the server, killing animals, and whatever else is used to inject money into the system.

DeVil.DeMonde

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 07:07:17 am »
I think optical has the full grasp of economy now. It's completely customizable, so he can opt to inject money however he wants whether through interest gained, killing, mining, sales, or building. In afct i think we all pretty much understand it.

As far as protections, a lot of protection systems do require staff to come protect your home, this is why I liked residence, staff interaction was not needed, You simply had to have enough currency to protect your own stuff within the parameters set by the host. Personally I really don't care what type of protection is on, I just want protection. I would prefer to not have to wait for a staff member to protect it, but if I do then I do.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 07:12:44 am »
I think optical has the full grasp of economy now. It's completely customizable, so he can opt to inject money however he wants whether through interest gained, killing, mining, sales, or building. In afct i think we all pretty much understand it.

As far as protections, a lot of protection systems do require staff to come protect your home, this is why I liked residence, staff interaction was not needed, You simply had to have enough currency to protect your own stuff within the parameters set by the host. Personally I really don't care what type of protection is on, I just want protection. I would prefer to not have to wait for a staff member to protect it, but if I do then I do.

The one thing I still dislike, is to bedrock protection. I was very happy with another server I played on that had residence, but didn't agree with bedrock so much... (Well, one person used it, nobody else bothered going down to bedrock.)

DeVil.DeMonde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 11:32:06 am »
The one thing I still dislike, is to bedrock protection. I was very happy with another server I played on that had residence, but didn't agree with bedrock so much... (Well, one person used it, nobody else bothered going down to bedrock.)

See you've just said everything right there. There are very few people who are going to take advantage of all residence has to offer, few total dimension protections, and fewer sky to bedrock, and fewer still total area and sky to bedrock. So it's kinda moot.