May 03, 2024, 07:21:13 pm

Author Topic: Wow...  (Read 1955 times)

2b0tz

• Seasoned Minecrafter
    • View Profile
Wow...
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »
Okay, yeah, hey, I'm back, if any of you guys remember me.
I was just on the server and the amount of spam, disrespect and grief I see is unacceptable. Something needs to be done. It drives users away from our server. The mods and trusted just sit there, and are not paying attention to anyone at all. I believe to increase the activity and reliability of the server that OptiCraft needs to hire some more deserving Mods, Admin's, and Builders. I know that the griefing is unavoidable, in some worlds, especially the guest, but I'd still like to help anyone with a grief, and help clear things up for users.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:55:13 pm »
First of all, welcome back.

While we do try to get on as much as possible, we volunteer and there is no schedule on when ops get on.

I know that the griefing is unavoidable, in some worlds, especially the guest, but I'd still like to help anyone with a grief, and help clear things up for users.
If you'd like to help with grief, show it! Get builder, help around, and apply for an op app!

2b0tz

• Seasoned Minecrafter
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
First of all, welcome back.

While we do try to get on as much as possible, we volunteer and there is no schedule on when ops get on.

I know that the griefing is unavoidable, in some worlds, especially the guest, but I'd still like to help anyone with a grief, and help clear things up for users.
If you'd like to help with grief, show it! Get builder, help around, and apply for an op app!
Thanks, and I would be more than happy to be a builder, but I'm not sure if I fit the pre-designated criteria for a Builder, I have been gone for a while.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:03:04 pm by 2b0tz »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wow...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:27:26 pm »
I believe to increase the activity and reliability of the server that OptiCraft needs to hire some more deserving Mods, Admin's, and Builders.
This is not a business, we cant just "hire" OP's. They are all volunteers with real lives.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

2b0tz

• Seasoned Minecrafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:54:14 am »
Yeah, I know that, but I'm on alot, would a possible kicking perk be acceptable?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 01:57:40 am »
Yeah, I know that, but I'm on alot, would a possible kicking perk be acceptable?
No, you have to earn your ranks.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

magicdude269

• *Veteran Operator*
  • Protect and Serve
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 03:31:12 am »
Also im on as much as possible and the work load is enormous. We just cannot get to everything but we try as much as possible.

wakkorotti

• It can't rain all the time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 01:29:56 pm »
As stated above and hundred times before in various different threads, Operators have lives. We're also volunteers doing the best we can when we get the spare time from school, work, hobbies and other activities. But I think it's obvious that sometimes our days might simply just be too booked up.
I aim to be on for at least an hour or two each day, but taking into note, that I sometimes have school from 8am to 8pm in the worst case makes it obvious that I can't be on all the time.

Also what Raul said; if you truly want to help us, then show us you have it what it actually takes to be an builder first. It won't be an easy rank to achieve, but with a little bit of dedication, it can be reached. Good luck.