June 10, 2024, 07:40:40 pm

Author Topic: Mini Parthenon and Courthouse  (Read 2514 times)

baltimorax

• View Profile
Mini Parthenon and Courthouse
« on: August 22, 2011, 05:11:10 pm »
Hey everyone, as I keep to myself while building I thought I would share a couple more of my buildings, I think they are pretty good and worthy of a little attention :).

Mini Parthenon:

And my favorite build, the courthouse. Comes equipped with courtrooms, judges lodgings, jury rooms and dungeons. I would say it's worth a look round (well of course i would, i built it!) it's at the back of the recruit world, have a gander!

cheers!

Exox615

• Gathering dust
  • Iron bars
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Parthenon and Courthouse
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »
lol i just saw what i wrote in the chat!

They are good creations, keep going!
It looks like you are eligible to vote. Why have you not voted?!??

ZombieShredder11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:15:29 am »
That would be cool if the columns and/or corners of the Parthenon were curved for more depth besides the fact that its a 3D building.  Unless that's how they are.  But I'd like seeing come curvature. :) Still better than anything than I can do though so I shouldnt be talking :P

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 07:28:00 am »
I already made a Parthenon ;) Feel free to check it out in my builder app (Go to accepted and search [builder] clawstrider)

But yeah, nice work, you deserved builder, keep it up :)

EDIT: Promoted you to builder on forums ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:00:54 am »
I will speak about Parthenon only as an original Greek civilian..

It would be nice to have reserved a space for that project, because in order to make it as the original shape of the columns, we need a huge space..
That building, has great roof.. I havent made it so low((wrong estimation)(I have made one for my promo..), but the number of columns is not the correct.. It has the half from both sides..
Anyway... I like the roof and only..

Now, for the inside, is totally different, but anyways... It has its time, its work, and I respect it..

baltimorax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:26:45 pm »
Thanks everyone!

@clawstrider: Your Parthenon is great! I just had a look at it. Seems how hard I try I just can't come up with an original idea. I just hope my builder creations hold up with other peoples. Thought my application was a bit of a punt, but I got it :).

@spamarian: You are correct that there are not enough columns but the room needed to do a full scale copy with insides and out would take ALOT of room, and it would need to be bigger to get the curves on the columns looking right.

@zombieshredder, The original parthenon isn't curved but I think you are right it might look nicer with curves and if it was bigger the columns would be curvier. If only i could go back in time to change it I would, but I can't....or can I?

Cheers!

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:11 pm »
u got builder promo.. well done..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:26:24 pm by spamarian »

ZombieShredder11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:43:05 pm »
Police box + Time travel = Dr. Who reference? I've never watched in my life it but I know he travels through time using a police box/phone booth thing. xD

baltimorax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 12:17:43 am »
Indeed it is a Dr Who reference :) I'm not ashamed to be a fan! Well maybe a little. 

ZombieShredder11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:19:36 am »
There's nothin to be ashamed about :O

Pilot10334

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
    • CJP Dude on YouTube
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 03:06:37 am »
lol i was about to say you should go for builder, but you already are apparently :P

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 08:01:05 am »
Thanks everyone!

@clawstrider: Your Parthenon is great! I just had a look at it. Seems how hard I try I just can't come up with an original idea. I just hope my builder creations hold up with other peoples. Thought my application was a bit of a punt, but I got it :).

@spamarian: You are correct that there are not enough columns but the room needed to do a full scale copy with insides and out would take ALOT of room, and it would need to be bigger to get the curves on the columns looking right.

@zombieshredder, The original parthenon isn't curved but I think you are right it might look nicer with curves and if it was bigger the columns would be curvier. If only i could go back in time to change it I would, but I can't....or can I?

Cheers!

this one was awesome i really liked it :D
keep it up

baltimorax

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 04:42:06 pm »
Thanks Omaroo, my first and so far only builder build. It's a little stubby, I wanted enough width to be able to write "POLICE BOX" but that meant a width of around 70, requiring a height of around 150 for a proper proportioned build, but there's nothing to be done about that! I have big plans for a couple of days time when I have time again to come and build. BIG plans :)

Cheers!