June 11, 2024, 12:47:41 pm

Author Topic: What are you watching  (Read 22334 times)

wakkorotti

• It can't rain all the time.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 05:30:16 pm »
isnt the death penalty like

if u kill someone = death penalty?

does it work like that?
No. Only certain places even have the death penalty. You need some really hard evidence to even get considered for the death penalty. In most cases killing 1 person will not get you the death penalty.

Again, let's take Hitler as an example. Did some horrible things and so that he wouldn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison, committed suicide. Killing that man is pointless as that will be the easy way for him. If you kill him, you're just giving him mercy.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 05:39:07 pm »

does it work like that?
No. Only certain places even have the death penalty. You need some really hard evidence to even get considered for the death penalty. In most cases killing 1 person will not get you the death penalty.
Again, let's take Hitler as an example. Did some horrible things and so that he wouldn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison, committed suicide. Killing that man is pointless as that will be the easy way for him. If you kill him, you're just giving him mercy.
Thats not accurate because certain people behave differently. This guy that killed the 93 people, he truly believes what he did was justified, throwing him in prison is not going to change that, i say kill him.

Also look at it from an economic standpoint, it cost taxpayers money to keep this guy alive in prison. (at least thats how the US works)
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

wakkorotti

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 05:47:45 pm »

does it work like that?
Thats not accurate because certain people behave differently. This guy that killed the 93 people, he truly believes what he did was justified, throwing him in prison is not going to change that, i say kill him.

Also look at it from an economic standpoint, it cost taxpayers money to keep this guy alive in prison. (at least thats how the US works)

Spending the rest of your life in jail just might change the way someone thinks. As I said, killing him will be the easy way out for him. Let him live and see what happens when he has to confront all the hate of the norwegians behind bars.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:00 pm »

does it work like that?

Spending the rest of your life in jail just might change the way someone thinks. As I said, killing him will be the easy way out for him. Let him live and see what happens when he has to confront all the hate of the norwegians behind bars.
It doesn't work like that, someone who is a high risk in prison doesn't get put with the normal prisoners for that exact reason.

wakkorotti

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2011, 06:08:14 pm »

does it work like that?

It doesn't work like that, someone who is a high risk in prison doesn't get put with the normal prisoners for that exact reason.

Did I say he would be put in a normal prison? You do realise that violence is not the only mean that a person can use to express hate on someone. Spending years in isolation knowing that his whole country hates him just might do something to him and perhaps he will even start suffering for it, eventually. Tell me, why would killing him be a better option?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »
Because people in his state of mind wont change form stuff like isolation. He said he knows that he did was atrocious but he said it was necessary. People like that are not going to start feeling guilty because he truly believes he did a good thing.

wakkorotti

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »
Because people in his state of mind wont change form stuff like isolation. He said he knows that he did was atrocious but he said it was necessary. People like that are not going to start feeling guilty because he truly believes he did a good thing.

As I said, a lifetime is a loooooooooong time. People change. I bet YOU have changed somehow during your life, whether the change was small or big. People change, even the assholes do. Isolation with only hate as an company can do wonders to even men like him. Again, I will ask, how his execution will benefit anything?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »

As I said, a lifetime is a loooooooooong time. People change. I bet YOU have changed somehow during your life, whether the change was small or big. People change, even the assholes do. Isolation with only hate as an company can do wonders to even men like him. Again, I will ask, how his execution will benefit anything?
I just want to point out that as far as i know there is no such thing as a life sentence in norway. And if their prison system is like ours, taxpayers have to pay to keep him alive.

wakkorotti

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 06:24:00 pm »

I just want to point out that as far as i know there is no such thing as a life sentence in norway. And if their prison system is like ours, taxpayers have to pay to keep him alive.

Still not telling me how an execution would be harsher and more effective.

Pilot10334

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
    • CJP Dude on YouTube
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 06:27:39 pm »
I vote put him in a straight jacket in a cushion room for the rest of his life, only seeing 1 person a day to get fed prison food through a needle.

wakkorotti

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 06:30:06 pm »
I vote put him in a straight jacket in a cushion room for the rest of his life, only seeing 1 person a day to get fed prison food through a needle.

It's a shame they don't do that :/. That would be like one of the most effective punishments ever.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2011, 06:30:21 pm »

Still not telling me how an execution would be harsher and more effective.
Never said it wold be harsher, i said it would be more logical. Its just that taxpayers now get to pay to keep this man alive.

wakkorotti

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2011, 06:31:58 pm »
Which one do you think the man deserves, if we put all logic aside, Nick?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2011, 06:32:52 pm »
Which one do you think the man deserves, if we put all logic aside, Nick?
If you ask me he should just be throw out on the streets.

Pilot10334

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
    • CJP Dude on YouTube
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2011, 06:33:25 pm »
In a straight jacket so he can't defend himself.