May 18, 2024, 07:32:37 pm

Author Topic: Bye!  (Read 2816 times)

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
Bye!
« on: July 05, 2011, 05:20:56 am »
I like Opticraft. Lot of people, lot of really impressive projects, lot of incredible builders. But, after some consideration, I've decided it's not for me. I don't regret donating $50 (although it would have been nice to at least get a thank-you e-mail) because this is a pretty solid community and I'm happy to help keep it going. To me, this place seems too uptight. I get the feeling that people are searching for something to be offended by. I've had a few people fly off the handle at me for merely giving my opinion. Anyway, I've moved on to a different server. I've got more room and a full set of build commands, so I'm happy. If anyone wants to visit, its the 24/7 Official MCStorm Server.

Changed my mind!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:46:18 am by Luminaeus »

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bye!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:59:06 am »
Wow i did not notice the donation until you mentioned it - I don't check my paypal very often, nor that email.

Thanks. If you ever come back and i do offer rewards for donations i assure you that you will get the equivalent of a $50 donation, whatever that may be.

It is a shame to see you leave, best of luck!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:14:31 pm »
i hate to see a friend leave T_T  but if i must i will, so instead of crying ill just wave a fair good bye....*waves a good bye* oh and drop by sometimes  ;)
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

wakkorotti

• It can't rain all the time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »
You will always be welcome to come back, Lumi. Sad to see a competent builder like you go for a petty squabble.
Good luck with your new server :)

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:08:45 pm »
 :'( I really wanted to see more of your amazing builds. Good luck in the rest of minecraft. I'll miss you.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:46:08 pm »
$50 donation, man I wish I could donate that much :l
You are a great builder, I hope you come visit often.

---><--- Click the monkey

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 04:06:09 am »
If you want to follow my projects you can subscribe to you YouTube channel. I'll be making videos of everything I do.

Here's a massive palace I built over the last two days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgF-S0fmtWs

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 04:12:44 am »
If you want to follow my projects you can subscribe to you YouTube channel. I'll be making videos of everything I do.

Here's a massive palace I built over the last two days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgF-S0fmtWs

THAT BUILD IS SOO DOPE!
I subbed and will never ever ever EVER (x23235235) un-sub.

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 06:09:13 am »
I may be coming back after all.

Apparently, the guys who wrote MCStorm gave themselves admin powers on every MCStorm server (whether they host it or not). This of course made their Minecraft accounts a big shiny target for hackers.

Guess what? One of the admin accounts got hacked. The first thing they did was convert most of the main entrance into lava then turn on physics. After they grew bored of crashing the server, they started deleting maps and ip-banning people.

Moral of the story? If your account is a big shiny target, use a strong password.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 06:38:04 am »
Moral of the story: Don't leave blatant security vulnerabilities in your software ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:28:51 am by optical »

wakkorotti

• It can't rain all the time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:37:10 am »
Glad to see you came back.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 09:59:17 am »
Yay LUMI! now is optical going to give $50 worth of rewards? Hehe.

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 05:51:54 pm »
Lol, we'll see. I grabbed a big chunk of the new builder world so I'm good on space for at least a few days.

turtleman918

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 09:16:27 pm »
Lol, we'll see. I grabbed a big chunk of the new builder world so I'm good on space for at least a few days.
by that do you mean you reserved space? Space reservation is no longer allowed. (see, here: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,3116.0.html)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 09:33:37 pm »
by that do you mean you reserved space? Space reservation is no longer allowed. (see, here: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,3116.0.html)
Dont worry, its an outline of his building, not just reserved space. It is still allowed.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident