May 04, 2024, 07:36:45 am

Author Topic: Can't connect  (Read 2781 times)

yoda7008

• View Profile
Can't connect
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:43 pm »
For a few days now I cant connect to opticraft. The problem is really specific , when I try to log in I connect but I seem to fall down and the terrain is not loaded and after few seconds I disconnect. However I can play fine in single player or in other online servers so the problem is only for opticraft... Around that time I was installing some ASP.net stuff for school and I suspect that they messed up my connection , however after I deleted them I still couldn't connect. I scaned the pc for viruses and I found lots of them but this didnt help too. Finally I reinstalled the whole pc BUT this did not help also ...
I am suspecting that some program or virus or whatever is occupying the same port that opticraft is using and that is why I cant connect there but I can everywhere else. Does anyone know any details about opticraft , what port does it use and any other specifics that can help.(so I can see if anything is using the same port) Or if you have any other ideas I am open to suggestions :/

P.s  + other computers can connect to the server from my internet connection so I dont think the problem is with the internet
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:49:20 pm by yoda7008 »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Can't connect
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:35:58 am »
This happened to me a year or so ago.  Make sure you're running a current version of minecraft, java and if you're using optifine or a shader that they're all updated.  If that all is in check uninstall and reinstall individual things until you're back in working order.

That's what got it fixed for me.  Or it's just an old bug
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

yoda7008

• View Profile
Re: Can't connect
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:13 am »
-_- I feel like an idiot ... It works now but I didnt do anything I did all of the things you said above but that was few days ago and nothing worked , and now for no reason whatsoever I can log in with no problems @_@