May 07, 2024, 02:58:12 pm

Author Topic: Tower of Harmony (Project Back On Track!)  (Read 3630 times)

Gubsta

• Sssssssss
    • View Profile
Tower of Harmony (Project Back On Track!)
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:00:53 am »
BACK ON MY FEET
     Hello fellow players of OptiCraft! It has been a while since I have worked on my tower but now I am working on it again. The tower is still planned to be approximately 105 blocks tall. It is located in the New MemberWorld (/warp memberworld) and can be visited at /home gubagamer 2. Below is a link to the project on the live server map.

For those that do not know, after the tower is finished, I plan to start my second project as soon as possible which will be named the City of Harmony. This city will be built surrounding the tower in its glory. The city will have tons of different jobs and ranks for players to take part in as it is constructed and also many activities to come when it is finished.

HOW YOU CAN BE A PART OF MY PROJECT
     There are a few things you can do to help with my project. Donating Materials is one thing that would really help with the build and make things easier for me. You can donate at /home gubagamer 2 in any chest that isn't full. The items I need are written on the signs at the home or you can just use this extended list by clicking on the spoiler.
(click to show/hide)

Jobs are not available for the Tower no longer. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you can still apply for ranks/jobs for the City in the other post. I just feel that the Tower is more of a personal accomplishment as it is the monument of the City and should hold the glory of me. Thanks for understanding.

You may have noticed that the ranks aren't here anymore. They have been moved to the city post. Don't worry, the ranks and jobs for the city are still there. This post will now only be for the tower. To see the other post click the spoiler below.

Picture Progress Taken June 28th 2014
Defualt MineCraft:
(click to show/hide)
MineCraft With Shaders:
(click to show/hide)

Progress of The Tower
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Harmony (Project Back On Track!)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:51:18 am »
This is looking really cool. Nice work!

I'd suggest trying to vary the texture of the outside of the main tower, if you can.

Gubsta

• Sssssssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 04:07:34 am »

I'd suggest trying to vary the texture of the outside of the main tower, if you can.

By that do you mean change the shape a bit or vary the materials/block types?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:23:55 am »

Mainly the shape, but both would work.

Gubsta

• Sssssssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 06:03:59 am »

Mainly the shape, but both would work.

Gotcha, shouldn't be too much to handle. I'm planning on making some type of platform on top to extend out a bit. Sounds confusing now, but should make sense when I get to that point.