May 04, 2024, 03:51:31 pm

Author Topic: Gaming Desktops  (Read 11174 times)

Mattkkk12345

Re: Gaming Desktops
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 05:27:18 pm »
So i'd need a DVI to VGA Cable? I didn't think the screen had dvi. I just googled the video card and this is what i came up with.
"Output - DL-DVI-I : 1 Output - HDMI : 1 Output - mini DP : 1 Output - SL-DVI-D : 1 - S"
Also, thanks Lieka, i didn't realise it went out the side of the case.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:32:33 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 11:39:34 pm »
So i'd need a DVI to VGA Cable? I didn't think the screen had dvi. I just googled the video card and this is what i came up with.
"Output - DL-DVI-I : 1 Output - HDMI : 1 Output - mini DP : 1 Output - SL-DVI-D : 1 - S"
Also, thanks Lieka, i didn't realise it went out the side of the case.
Dont use VGA. Ever. Use DVI.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 01:07:25 am »
Any decent monitor with come with a DVI in just as any decent GPU will come with a DVI out.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 04:28:16 pm »
I recommend PCpro.co.uk. Good reviews on most computers. Obviously a large proportion of the gaming machines are either mind bogglingly expensive or phallic statements, but some of the higher end computers not in the gaming category are pretty neat. Also remember most gaming machines are built ONLY for gaming and are shite for anything else, whereas some higher end ones are able to do all the normal stuff that a computer can whilst also having the beef to deal with most games.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 04:56:08 pm »
Also remember most gaming machines are built ONLY for gaming and are shite for anything else, whereas some higher end ones are able to do all the normal stuff that a computer can whilst also having the beef to deal with most games.

Gaming PCs are built with gaming in mind, it's not that they can't do the other stuff (which they can, and will do even better than the average PC) but have added extras; faster processor, more RAM, better graphics card etc. to make games run faster and smoother than they would do normally. Gaming PCs have much better hardware, that's why they cost more and with current or future games it's if you want to invest in a decent Gaming PC.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 05:54:56 pm »
I recommend PCpro.co.uk. Good reviews on most computers. Obviously a large proportion of the gaming machines are either mind bogglingly expensive or phallic statements, but some of the higher end computers not in the gaming category are pretty neat. Also remember most gaming machines are built ONLY for gaming and are shite for anything else, whereas some higher end ones are able to do all the normal stuff that a computer can whilst also having the beef to deal with most games.
This is just false. The only thing that makes a gaming pc different from a regular pc is that it has better hardware to run games. A gaming PC can do anything and do it very well because its still a PC.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »
This is just false. The only thing that makes a gaming pc different from a regular pc is that it has better hardware to run games. A gaming PC can do anything and do it very well because its still a PC.
But can you run Minesweeper?

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 11:53:51 pm »
But can you run Minesweeper?
CPU:    Do you have a computer? Good - off to a good start.
RAM:    You need the bare minimum. Unless you want to mod and play on a 100000000x100000000 grid.
Video Card:    If you can read THIS, you pass.
heh, system requirements lab's minimum specs. I only have 8GB of ram and windows 7, I don't think I can run it. It's a huge download, too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:57:01 pm by LIEKABOWSE »

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 12:03:04 am »

You're gonna need this if you want to do serious gaming.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 06:11:15 am »
(click to show/hide)
You're gonna need this if you want to do serious gaming.
FTFY

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
Eh. Either way it's just my opinion. I personally wouldn't specifically get a gaming pc, just get a high end one where your money translates into proper gear of which there are many of varying quality.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 03:28:02 pm »
Eh. Either way it's just my opinion. I personally wouldn't specifically get a gaming pc, just get a high end one where your money translates into proper gear of which there are many of varying quality.
I dont think you understand what exactly a gaming PC is or how the parts work and stuff.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 02:04:38 am »

Gaming pc= pc that can play games. Literally nothing else different about a regular old desktop that you can pick up for a couple hundred bucks. It's seriously nothing else than that besides more powerful hardware, making it actually better for everything else unlike you said it would be shite for anything else.

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 11:09:18 am »
bit late, but, on topic of the GTX 660, i own one myself and id reccomend against it at this time. for around the same price you could pick up a 750 TI, which is about the same performance, for half the power requirement. you can do better than a 660 now.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 10:36:25 pm »
Build an AMD system!  8)