May 10, 2024, 09:37:29 pm

Author Topic: Gaming Desktops  (Read 11184 times)

Mattkkk12345

Gaming Desktops
« on: June 11, 2014, 08:53:51 pm »
So, I'm trying to look around for a 'Gaming' desktop with a monitor for £550 (925$ roughly) or less. I've been looking at many but are sadly too far out of my budget. I'm looking at around Nvidia GTX 650-60 or there abouts for graphics and so far i haven't managed to find Past an i3 from Intel or an AMD at 2.05 ghz. I'm not looking to go maxed out here (Not that i could with the tight budget anyway...), it just needs to be a decent build, i'd appreciate any recommendations from you guys.

Thanks
  - Matt
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:58:36 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Desktops
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:42 pm »
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZvrGnQ

That should be perfect, but you may want to get a second opinion since I threw that together pretty quickly.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »
Looks good but I have in idea how to build a computer lol.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:56:44 pm »
Looks good but I have in idea how to build a computer lol.
Im guessing you meant you have no idea? Just look up a video, it is really easy. Just like legos. Getting a prebuilt at your budget is going to be hard if not impossible, and wont be close to the power of this build. This build will be maxing every game.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:48:52 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you at least need some sort of CPU cooler, and case fan? Also how can the equivalent of a 0.8 ghz video card be that good, and why in the options I oddly never see more than 1.2 ghz or so for even the 660's.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:59:23 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:41:25 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you at least need some sort of CPU cooler, and case fan? Also how can the equivalent of a 0.8 ghz video card be that good, and why in the options I oddly never see more than 1.2 ghz or so for even the 660's.
every CPU comes with a CPU cooler just as ever case comes with fans.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:37 am »
You can overclock the GPU to your liking. That GPU has a good cooling system.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:35 am »
Thanks for your help, I watched a tutorial on how to make one, not as hard a I imagined! Anyways, what do you make of this, I tweaked it a bit.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mattwhizz/saved/bCkj4D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:48:44 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 05:08:54 pm »
Thanks for your help, I watched a tutorial on how to make one, not as hard a I imagined! Anyways, what do you make of this, I tweaked it a bit.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mattwhizz/saved/bCkj4D
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DLVBhM

That should be better. Dont go with any GTX 600 series card as they are outdated, especially the 660. I know this one is slightly more expensive but it will be much much better than the build you listed. If needed you can go with a 6300 instead of an 8350 or an R9 270x.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:48:43 pm »
By now i've grasped the fact that if you plug the vga out from the default port on the side of the computer it'll default to the motherboards integrated graphics and if you plug it directly to the videocard it will disable the motherboard graphics and use those, quick question, where do you lead the hdmi cable from the middle of your computer (video card) to outside -> monitor, there doesn't seem to be any hole or anything, correct me if i'm wrong on this, thanks.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 10:56:05 pm »
I'm about to upgrade my pc to a 7.3 based point avg. I'll put the parts in this post later when I have time.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 11:18:03 pm »
By now i've grasped the fact that if you plug the vga out from the default port on the side of the computer it'll default to the motherboards integrated graphics and if you plug it directly to the videocard it will disable the motherboard graphics and use those, quick question, where do you lead the hdmi cable from the middle of your computer (video card) to outside -> monitor, there doesn't seem to be any hole or anything, correct me if i'm wrong on this, thanks.

What?

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 11:21:53 pm »

What?

In Essence, if I want to use the Video card and not the mobos integrated graphics, if I plug a hdmi to the video card, how do I lead it outside of the case to get to the monitor considering the case is closed.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 11:42:15 pm »

What?

In Essence, if I want to use the Video card and not the mobos integrated graphics, if I plug a hdmi to the video card, how do I lead it outside of the case to get to the monitor considering the case is closed.
The video card's ports will stick out of the back of the case if that's what you mean?
edit: you also might want to consider not using hdmi unless you have a monitor that supports it, there's not alot of monitors that do. most will have dvi as its primary, and basically all graphics cards have dvi's on them

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 12:14:58 am »
I dont think your monitor even supports hdmi, just use DVI.