May 07, 2024, 06:54:23 pm

Author Topic: Donation Perk: No Voting to /home Additional Homes  (Read 5204 times)

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
Donation Perk: No Voting to /home Additional Homes
« on: May 16, 2014, 03:50:45 am »
I think there should be a donation perk that allows people to use their additional homes without having to vote first every 24 hours or so.

The player would have to donate about $30-$40 to do this (depending on what's agreed if this suggestion is accepted), making it the highest donation option. But when somebody does donate for it, they will be able to warp to their additional /homes without having to vote.

Even though this would mean that people won't be voting I think this will benefit the server due to these reasons:

1.) Let's face it, most people don't fill out the captcha on the voting sites, and /homes are probably the main reasons people vote, so this will give people an incentive to donate without having to go on the site to "vote".
2.) This will be another way people can donate to the server to keep it running. And since a lot of people don't actually vote, them donating for the ability to not have to "vote" to use their /homes will actually help the server possibly more than if they actually voted (As I'm sure there's more people who would want the ability to go to their /homes without having to vote every so often, and, as said before, most don't actually vote anyway).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:52:29 am by UnknownHedgehog »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Donation Perk: No Voting to /home Additional Homes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:10:15 am »
Unless it has changed very recently, this is already a perk of bonus homes.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:20:46 am »
Unless it has changed very recently, this is already a perk of bonus homes.

That's true. I did not consider that. I suppose it would be cheaper to donate for 5 homes than this if the price was what I suggested.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:36:19 am »
If you donated for extra homes then you shouldn't have to vote

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:50:25 pm »
From what I've seen, you don't have to vote on your bonus homes, or the original one, but you do if you want to use your 2nd "bonus" one. (At least, I can't set a 7th home without voting).

You never have to vote to go to other people's homes

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »
That's only to set them claw. To go to them no voting is needed.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 09:40:27 pm »
That's only to set them claw. To go to them no voting is needed.
Only to the 7th one you put down.

---><--- Click the monkey

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 10:40:27 pm »
Doesnt the donations already have the ability to pay for additional homes. Abd you shouldn't just purely be voting for diamonds or one additional home because let's face it optical needs the publicity so the server doesnt die

Hola.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 01:32:21 am »
Doesnt the donations already have the ability to pay for additional homes. Abd you shouldn't just purely be voting for diamonds or one additional home because let's face it optical needs the publicity so the server doesnt die
I already admitted that afterwards (honestly, this topic should be deleted as the suggestion isn't good after all). Also, what I was saying was that most people don't actually vote (just clicking on "Vote" doesn't register the vote on that website; you have to actually fill out the captcha).

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 01:40:00 am »
I already admitted that afterwards (honestly, this topic should be deleted as the suggestion isn't good after all). Also, what I was saying was that most people don't actually vote (just clicking on "Vote" doesn't register the vote on that website; you have to actually fill out the captcha).
He was working on a new votifier thing but I don't know what became of that