May 07, 2024, 08:32:39 pm

Author Topic: Purchasing In-Game add-ons...In-Game  (Read 5692 times)

DEIcE

• View Profile
Purchasing In-Game add-ons...In-Game
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »
I've never been one to go on Ebay or some other website to purchase an item to use in a game.  If I want something in the game, I work and strive to achieve that item.  If something, therefore, is available to be used in-game, it seems logical that this said ability/item should be somehow attainable in-game. 

That being said, my suggestion is an expansion to the market that would allow players to purchase features that are currently Donate/Top Voter-Only features.  Things like Hats, Additional Homes, Titles, Teleport, Mob Disguises, etc. would be able to be purchased at the market.  Obviously, these things are add-ons and should be priced accordingly, maybe starting with a markup of 10,000%  So...

Mob Disguises      = $10 Donation or 100,000 in-game credits per disguise
Additional Homes = $10 Donation or 100,000 in-game credits for 5 additional homes
Titles                  = $20 Donation or 200,000 in-game credits
Teleport              = $15 Donation or 150,000 in-game credits
Hats                    = $5  Donation or 50,000 in-game credits

We've bought the game, and since these features are able to be used in-game, I again suggest that these be made available...go figure...in-game.  Thanks for reading and considering!

Mattkkk12345

Re: Purchasing In-Game add-ons...In-Game
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:25:04 pm »
Of course this would be nice thing to have, but not for Opticalza..  basically this is getting rid of the point of 'donating' all together, donations of real money not virtual credits are used to help run the server. I appreciate the idea but this will most likely lower the amount of donations the server gets already as people would find it easier to make/spend money in-game.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:00:09 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »
I like this idea but there are a lot of rich players, I assume they would get teleport if they haven't already

Nothing_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 04:09:11 pm »
This could be a very good idea but there would still have to be something only obtainable through donations, or else the server would lose almost if not all of its income. I do think it would be good to have some kind of upper class items/privileges players can buy in the market or somewhere to act as a money sink. It would also give more of a reason to trade since the money could be used for something apart from being on /baltop.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 04:18:13 pm »
No, it defies the whole idea of donating real money for perks. What will optical do with 200,000 ingame money?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 04:23:45 pm »
Honestly, this is a terrible idea, for all the reasons stated above. However, I'd just like to focus on one point here.

We've bought the game, and since these features are able to be used in-game, I again suggest that these be made available...go figure...in-game.

You've bought the game from Mojang, therefore it would logically make sense to play on Mojang's servers to get these items.

I'm sure they'd offer you a server for free. Oh... Wait...

DEIcE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 05:29:02 pm »
No, it defies the whole idea of donating real money for perks. What will optical do with 200,000 ingame money?

By this reasoning, what is the point of the market?  What does optical do with ALL the in-game market money?  The point is not to eliminate donating, again the perks of donations would still be fully active.  This would be an alternative to donating real money and using the in-game credits that you have worked to obtain. 

Also, Clawstrider, "the reasons above" are boiled down to one: It would lower the amount of money coming in to financially support the server.  Additionally, you can host your own server for free, set up a server computer through IP, I've done it.  The Realms that Mojang are providing are Hosted by Mojang rather than your own server.  This actually goes along with my point.  You CAN set up a server for "Free" (provided you have the equipment to keep a stable server running functionally) if you want to, but for convenience you may "Buy" a realm.  I'm suggesting that you can obtain these ad-ons for free (though it costs dearly in time spent on the server to obtain enough credits), or you can buy these ad-ons through donations for convenience.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 06:43:25 pm »
By this reasoning, what is the point of the market?  What does optical do with ALL the in-game market money?  The point is not to eliminate donating, again the perks of donations would still be fully active.  This would be an alternative to donating real money and using the in-game credits that you have worked to obtain. 
Irrelevant, the market uses ingame items to trade ingame items.
The whole point of donating is to get perks you wouldn't get otherwise, if you added an ingame fee for it, there would be no incentive to donate real money for it.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »
This will not happen, i am not certain on how the donations paypal that pays for the server is holding up but with our drop in players i assume it's not doing well. We need all the money we an get to keep this server running.
Also, Clawstrider, "the reasons above" are boiled down to one: It would lower the amount of money coming in to financially support the server. Additionally, you can host your own server for free, set up a server computer through IP, I've done it.  The Realms that Mojang are providing are Hosted by Mojang rather than your own server.  This actually goes along with my point.  You CAN set up a server for "Free" (provided you have the equipment to keep a stable server running functionally) if you want to, but for convenience you may "Buy" a realm. I'm suggesting that you can obtain these ad-ons for free (though it costs dearly in time spent on the server to obtain enough credits), or you can buy these ad-ons through donations for convenience.
You obviously have no idea what kind of hardware it takes to run a server of this size. It would be impossible for you to host this server on a home computer, not only because of the hardware required, but also because of the bandwidth and internet speed required.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:57 am »

Mob Disguises      = $10 Donation or 100,000 in-game credits per disguise
Additional Homes = $10 Donation or 100,000 in-game credits for 5 additional homes
Titles                  = $20 Donation or 200,000 in-game credits
Teleport              = $15 Donation or 150,000 in-game credits
Hats                    = $5  Donation or 50,000 in-game credits

There is always the possibility of convincing some nice player with a credit card to donate on your behalf in exchange for in-game incentives.  I've done it for a few people before, I assume others have as well.

Feel free to make me an offer.  :)
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 04:12:03 pm »
SOLUTION:

Pay someone slightly over the amounts you listed and they will donate for you, seen trades happen like this and have done something similar a couple times.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 01:16:15 am »
You are basically suggesting to take away the player to player to money aspect.  I paid several people ingame money (and built someone an enderman grinder) for various perks.  You could set up an ingame market place of people offering ingame perks for money perhaps... craigslist

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 04:21:06 am »
The main point of donating is to help out the server not just for the advantageous point of getting in-game 'advantages' as I put it. When you donate you should be doing it to help the server keep running, so if you 'donate' using in-game money as nice as this sounds this is like getting things literally for free. As gavin said if you really feel the urgency to donate do something for someone for a donation in return

Hola.