May 05, 2024, 04:59:58 am

Author Topic: Challenge  (Read 3660 times)

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Challenge
« on: April 12, 2014, 01:54:17 am »
    I disagree completely, no offense. We all are not going to go to another server holding each others hands. The thought behind it is nice but there are no other servers like opticraft as far as I've seen. If opticraft does end and is taken down then people will drift apart and some will stay in touch but that's how life is, and it goes on.
     However, I doubt the time of taking the server down will come anytime soon. There are still things that can be done and things that will be done. If everybody says its going to die in the next few weeks and they all leave then it will. But whether it dies or not is completely up to us, the players. If we want it to stay around then it will but we have to do our part as well. Asking other players to abandon ship right now and go to another server means you have have no more hope left for Opti.
     I challenge every player to go to some website or some social media page and post about opticraft, what it is, how it was a while ago, what it is now, and how it could be once more. I'll be adding a page to my website for it soon enough.

I posted this in another post about how opticraft was dying and I've already expressed my thoughts about that above. But near the end, I challenged every player to post something about opticraft in a place where people would see it. I would like this thread to be focused only on what YOU have done to complete this challenge.

As I said in my post, I have added a section to my website about opticraft and included both the promo videos under it. My website gets on average 120 people viewing it a week and they are all minecraft players. I invite you to take a look at what I did but please don't look at it too much just for that since that throws my views off base. I will continue to look at where I can post about this as should you all.

www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

If you would like, you can easily make you own weebly website about this. It's free and extremely easy to navigate.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:41:57 am »
I'll try and get onto my computer and create a website with banners etc. as soon as i can. :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:44:54 am by khoiboy51 »

Hola.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:25:56 am »
I'll try and get onto my computer and create a website with banners etc. as soon as i can. :D
Why would you just make a website to just show opticraft? We have the forums for that.

Loaf while I do agree about this, guys please dont spam places saying "opticraft rulez!". Putting out a good word is different than spamming, we dont want to gain a bad rep.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 03:45:50 am »
good point

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 09:50:38 pm »
Why would you just make a website to just show opticraft? We have the forums for that.

Loaf while I do agree about this, guys please dont spam places saying "opticraft rulez!". Putting out a good word is different than spamming, we dont want to gain a bad rep.
It's only really bad in my eyes if you do it on another website/server that is not yours. Right now loaf's just giving us a shout out basically. I see nothing annoying or wrong with that.

---><--- Click the monkey

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 10:48:17 pm »
You have a point chipaton but it doesnt take much to attract players and if the forums ain't working (i mean we dont get tons and tons o people going hi guys i met ya on the forums!) to give us more players so maybe a more complex site could be develope to attract players

Hola.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:03:22 am »
1. Go to Office Depot
2. Go to sharpie test stations where they let you write on a big ass paper
3. Write "Opticraft: Minecraft no-lag SMP server: SMP.opticraft.net" in big letters
4. If any other testin places for things such as pens exist, repeat.

(Did this a couple times, great time to do it is before school starts)
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:14:35 pm »
You have a point chipaton but it doesnt take much to attract players and if the forums ain't working (i mean we dont get tons and tons o people going hi guys i met ya on the forums!) to give us more players so maybe a more complex site could be develope to attract players

That would do absolutely nothing. How are sophisticated and complex forums going to bring in players? That would only deter some from using them if anything.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »
Let me make something clear.

When I posted this, my intent was not to get people to go spam other websites and servers. Most opticraft players wouldn't do that or even think of it.

When I said you could make a website, I didn't mean make another opticraft site. That wouldn't do anything other than create unessissary computation between two of the same thing. But you could make a website advertizing opticraft, with a like to here. Your able to set search keys like: minecraft server, SMP, great community, staff, economy. You do that so when someone goes onto, say google, and they are looking for a minecraft server and type in "minecraft server with great community and staff, your website will show up.

It's just a simple thing, don't over complicate it.