May 15, 2024, 03:15:15 pm

Author Topic: Anyone down to play some Steam games sometime?  (Read 8584 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone down to play some Steam games sometime?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 05:37:35 pm »
Any thought on Titanfall since I plan on picking that up for my first game on PC when I get it? I've heard it's only fun for like two days but not sure.

For now I'm just going to
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 08:03:44 pm »
Any thought on Titanfall since I plan on picking that up for my first game on PC when I get it? I've heard it's only fun for like two days but not sure.

For now I'm just going to

I played it and have been enjoying it so far. Though I havent played in about 2 weeks since I've been playing Goat Sim and Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Ep2 pretty religiously.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »
My first three games other than tf2 since that's free that I plan to get:
Titanfall
Goat sim
Either DayZ or CS GO
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »
L4D2 or Payday would be cool..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:49:22 pm by iGenerator »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »
Caanite
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 01:15:11 am »
Goat sim

I love those developers, they made Sanctum 1 and 2, which were epic, but please don't reward them for making this pile of crap.

It's a half-finished mess of a game, riddled with bugs (which they claim makes it funny).

For the same price, you could buy Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, which is meant to be pretty damn good, or GMod, which has a shit ton of content, or (my recommended buy) FTL, which has just had an expansion released, and is god damn amazing.

None of that really interest you? That's fine. You've got Terraria, which has a shit ton of content. It's easy to sink hours and hours into it, and if you get a buddy or 2, it's double the fun.

Or even just wait for next week's Humble Bundles. While this weeks aren't that good (In my personal opinion), they're never bad, and are always cheap as shit. You want to be that scumbag who pays $1 for like 5 Steam games? Nobody's going to stop you.

There are many more amazing games on Steam in the £15 range, which are much, much better than Goat Simulator. Hell, you could get Skyrim for £15, if that's your thing (I personally wouldn't recommend it, but many would disagree). You also have Fallout: New Vegas (Ultimate Edition) for £15. Are you saying that the 5 hours or whatever you'll get out of making a goat jump around is more valuable than the 200+ hours many people put into these games.

Please, please, please do not get Goat Simulator. Please. Don't reward developers for this shit.

Also, Titanfall is really fun, but gets boring after a while. Multiplayer is good, and feels cool, but it just gets same-y after a few games. Campaign could have been awesome, but instead it's just literally the multiplayer game, but with cutscenes on either end (And if you loose, you still pass the mission... wut?).
Overall, I wouldn't really recommend it, at full price, unless you're really dead set. But hey, still better than Goat Simulator...

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 01:21:59 am »
I had completely forgotten about Gmod to be honest. Although Goat sim isn't actually literally complete from what I've heard, still in beta.

And I plan on getting Terraria for the Vita already.
Titanfall was made by the devs of mw3 so honestly I figured that shit would happen lol
Can you just write a list of games you would recommend?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:26:37 am by SalsaInABowl »

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 01:41:07 am »
Goat sim
or (my recommended buy) FTL, which has just had an expansion released, and is god damn amazing.
I concur. Freaking awesome.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 01:59:42 am »
Goat sim

I love those developers, they made Sanctum 1 and 2, which were epic, but please don't reward them for making this pile of crap.

It's a half-finished mess of a game, riddled with bugs (which they claim makes it funny).

For the same price, you could buy Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, which is meant to be pretty damn good, or GMod, which has a shit ton of content, or (my recommended buy) FTL, which has just had an expansion released, and is god damn amazing.

None of that really interest you? That's fine. You've got Terraria, which has a shit ton of content. It's easy to sink hours and hours into it, and if you get a buddy or 2, it's double the fun.

Or even just wait for next week's Humble Bundles. While this weeks aren't that good (In my personal opinion), they're never bad, and are always cheap as shit. You want to be that scumbag who pays $1 for like 5 Steam games? Nobody's going to stop you.

There are many more amazing games on Steam in the £15 range, which are much, much better than Goat Simulator. Hell, you could get Skyrim for £15, if that's your thing (I personally wouldn't recommend it, but many would disagree). You also have Fallout: New Vegas (Ultimate Edition) for £15. Are you saying that the 5 hours or whatever you'll get out of making a goat jump around is more valuable than the 200+ hours many people put into these games.

Please, please, please do not get Goat Simulator. Please. Don't reward developers for this shit.

Also, Titanfall is really fun, but gets boring after a while. Multiplayer is good, and feels cool, but it just gets same-y after a few games. Campaign could have been awesome, but instead it's just literally the multiplayer game, but with cutscenes on either end (And if you loose, you still pass the mission... wut?).
Overall, I wouldn't really recommend it, at full price, unless you're really dead set. But hey, still better than Goat Simulator...
I love the game. If you have fun with it and the devs aren't killing puppies, go for it.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »
Goat sim
Wall of text
Chill man, it wasn't even supposed to get out. Just because a lot of people wanted to play it they released it. Hell, they even say not to buy the game on their website -
"In fact, you’re better off not expecting anything at all actually. To be completely honest, it would be best if you’d spend your $10 on a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe a real-life goat."
TBH it's a quite enjoyable game for an hour or two, and is the price (more or less) of a movie DVD, so it has that same timespan of enjoyment.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 02:16:45 pm »
For 10$ that better be one amazing fancy ass magical live saving immortal etc. hula hoop.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 07:07:10 pm »
How about a $10 game that's actually re-playable. Risk of Rain, it's so fun and challenging.
Also try Monaco, it's a challenging strategic stealth, heist game with different classes with different abilities. $15

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 01:32:33 am »
Anyone else got arma 3 except for liek?
I have it as well just havent had the chance to play.
You me deekay and liek need to play together some time. Co-op mission, altis life, king of the hill, anything.

---><--- Click the monkey

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 11:38:51 pm »
If anyone wants mine its the same as my username here.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.