May 03, 2024, 08:43:33 am

Author Topic: Here we go.  (Read 3504 times)

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
Here we go.
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:43:35 am »
Welcome to the most controversial post in Opticraft history.

In light of all the recent talk about opticraft dying, and the people leaving, there's been multiple topics relating to this, and solutions to the problem.

In one of them, DJAlphaWolf made a statement which I think is very true:

(click to show/hide)

There's been talk of a creative world (WHICH I HAVE WANTED FOREVER NOW), a hardcore island, and a whole bloody LOAD of plugins we could install. They've all been shut down for similar reasons - optical's busy, our developer doesn't have the time, screw you that suggestion is horribad.

Sooo.. Let's not keep going on with these endless suggestions and ways to improve the server and let people get on!
Let's face the fact that Opticraft is going to die! #ripopticraft2014

And yet, we're still a community. A community of friends so tight it's almost like family. (I'm the antisocial older brother.) And I feel that if we are separated, some of us might get mental trauma. Maybe.

Soo, let's go find another server that we can all migrate to! Good idea? No? Do you hate me? Yes? Oh that's fine then.

tl;dr we can't go on with all of these suggestions, may as well find a new server to go on.

EDIT: If you disagree, that's fine. Also, if you're a staff member and want to make this less stupid cause I was distracted as hell (whatmyname l0l) while writing it, go ahead
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:40:11 am by Duinis »

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
Re: Here we go.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:00 am »
But I love opticraft and am not leaving it. All the other servers have five year old ragers that just talk about moms.

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:58:08 am »
Nick and tobs have console now I believe so maybe things will improve soon

I don't think opti will die out just yet when people think our community is so great :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:03:06 am by daniblue182 »

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:29 am »
     I disagree completely, no offense. We all are not going to go to another server holding each others hands. The thought behind it is nice but there are no other servers like opticraft as far as I've seen. If opticraft does end and is taken down then people will drift apart and some will stay in touch but that's how life is, and it goes on.
     However, I doubt the time of taking the server down will come anytime soon. There are still things that can be done and things that will be done. If everybody says its going to die in the next few weeks and they all leave then it will. But whether it dies or not is completely up to us, the players. If we want it to stay around then it will but we have to do our part as well. Asking other players to abandon ship right now and go to another server means you have have no more hope left for Opti.
     I challenge every player to go to some website or some social media page and post about opticraft, what it is, how it was a while ago, what it is now, and how it could be once more. I'll be adding a page to my website for it soon enough.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:23:27 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Nothing_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 01:27:47 am »
Maybe the server is dying, but if you were dying would you just want to accelerate it and take your own life, or would you make the absolute most you could out of the time remaining. I may not be the most senior member on the server but I'm gonna be here until there's nothing left to connect to.

I challenge every player to go to some website or some social media page and post about opticraft, what it is, how it was a while ago, what it is now, and how it could be once more. I'll be adding a page to my website for it soon enough.

I agree with this challenge entirely and encourage everyone to take part.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 01:34:27 am »
This post is as ignorant as it is in bad taste.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 03:07:25 am »
You do know I'm not saying Opticraft should die right?

I was just saying "if it has to die, let it die with dignity...let it die with the same ideas that make Opticraft what it is". Some suggestions are just too incompatible with what opticraft has always been about. I don't see our community mixing well with a factions/minigames server. It's just not what we are.

We're a building community and we are a social community. We aren't so much a pvp community because I don't honestly believe many people participate in Opticraft's pvp system. We aren't much of a survival community either because we're all sporting diamond armor and god tools running massive farms with our /home commands. At the core, we've always been either builders or just social people for the most part (even if a lot of us don't actually build/talk a lot).

PVP/Factions will lead to hostile relationships which may or may not alter the friendly, social aspect of Opticraft that we all love so much. Even in a seperate world, it will bring in a lot of complaints and negativity (despite it all being fair/in the rules). Maybe I just don't see it working for Opticraft yet but I personally don't think it fits us.

I don't want us to die. I never did. I know it might come some day but I'm not willing to actually accept it until Opti says "I'm shutting down the server guys". Opticraft might not be around forever but its got an amazing community and it can definitely last long because of it. I don't approve of this post saying we should all just migrate elsewhere like a flock of geese flying south for winter. We can still improve. There's always room for improvement no matter how dire the situation. We just need to think realistically and in regard to the Opticraft "personality". Some suggestions just don't make sense for us to adopt.

TL;DR- I probably didn't make myself clear enough but I'm not accepting the death of opticraft yet. I just don't want it to turn to shit with a bunch of the suggested plugins.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 08:53:40 pm »
Most controversial post in Opticraft history?
Nah.

But it's not dying, we have gotten a slight raise in player count recently going from about 18 to 25. I think events will be important if we are to make a return to the top like where we used to be. And I want to rescind any factions suggestions because DJ is right. I quit a server entirely because some hostility led to me to have all my stuff blown up and nobody wants to have to start over after months of work all because someone had spent 250$ on a pay to win system and threw a bitch fit and took it out on you.

That build event from a while ago? That wS great. We need to have more of those, it's a great way to get the whole server together and show off what we have here.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:13 pm »
     I will just put my situation and past into play as an example. This was the first EVER multiplayer I joined(referred by friends irl). Honestly, I was stupid, I was a nub and a griefed alot at first. I got like 3-4 band then a perm. At the time, it wasnt to big of a deal to me. Somewhat a year later I was searching for a new server I could settle in. I had been throught HUNDREDS of servers with pvp and minigames in my time after Opti and I was tired. I needed a place to stay for good. I remembered opti, I even remember googleing: "Server like Opticraft Minecraft server". And want to know what I found? Nothing. I tried so many servers that were SMP. They werent the same. I decided I needed Opti again but my appeal had already been denied a while ago. So, I applied anyway, praying I could return this this amazing server. I was extremely happy when my application was approved and I returned to my homeland <3. Whelp. Thats where I am now :)

Hopefully, My story might influence some of your opinions about the server so you dont make my mistakes :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:09:58 pm by andersad »
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)