May 02, 2024, 02:34:04 am

Poll

Should Voting be changed/removed?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Voting Issues  (Read 8086 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Issues
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 04:57:45 pm »
Checking if you're actually a user? How would that stop people from abusing voting?
From what I was told, Votifier is currently being used to log votes that are actually made via the 3 sites linked with Votifier, and at the end of the month, Optical counts the logged votes from top voters to check for cheated votes.
Well I know of a few people who won top voter without filling out one single capcha so I doubt this is how he does it. As far as I am aware we dont use votifier for anything, opti said he was working on it a few months back but i feel that's done with.
Yeah, well maybe at the time of being told that he was working on it. I still think Votifier is a good alternative and should be strongly considered.
Well you said you talked to nyssa when she was admin about it and I know for sure we dint use votifier in any single way back then. And it was strongly considered and approved, optical said he started to work on it back in December, that's the last I heard about it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 05:35:58 pm »
Checking if you're actually a user? How would that stop people from abusing voting?
From what I was told, Votifier is currently being used to log votes that are actually made via the 3 sites linked with Votifier, and at the end of the month, Optical counts the logged votes from top voters to check for cheated votes.
Well I know of a few people who won top voter without filling out one single capcha so I doubt this is how he does it. As far as I am aware we dont use votifier for anything, opti said he was working on it a few months back but i feel that's done with.
Yeah, well maybe at the time of being told that he was working on it. I still think Votifier is a good alternative and should be strongly considered.
Well you said you talked to nyssa when she was admin about it and I know for sure we dint use votifier in any single way back then. And it was strongly considered and approved, optical said he started to work on it back in December, that's the last I heard about it.
Just saying what I was told at the time. Don't you and Tobs technically run the server now? Perhaps you could talk to Optical about getting access to files, so you know, you can do things like this.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »
Ya that was also talked about a month ago, havnt heard anything since. But it is also a bit more difficult due to how he has our current voting system working.
Just saying what I was told at the time. Don't you and Tobs technically run the server now? Perhaps you could talk to Optical about getting access to files, so you know, you can do things like this.

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 10:00:34 am »
Can you please let us know if or when voting will be changed nick?
All education does is teach you that learning is bad.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 04:17:10 pm »
Can you please let us know if or when voting will be changed nick?
Ya but i wouldn't hold your breath for it.