May 17, 2024, 06:03:38 pm

Poll

Should Voting be changed/removed?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Voting Issues  (Read 8096 times)

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
Voting Issues
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:12:51 am »
I know that this has been looked at before, but people are cheating the voting scheme. alot. some people have the maximum votes possible (specifically top voters). people arnt actually voting for the server, they are just clicking the buttons and stopping the page from loading. and specifically because it doesnt require verification at all, people could make scripts to click the buttons for them. and the people who use the scripts (some top voters) are losing the server money by getting free donations. I think that opticraft should rethink voting or take it out. not to mention that diamonds have lost all value. top voters: {Currently max votes} http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,TopVoters.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:17:55 am by Not_A_Griefer_68 »
All education does is teach you that learning is bad.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:15:50 am »
Honestly, we just need to change it, I think we should edit the website to warn people when they go to vote that they need to make sure to fill everything out. I think that would solve things for future players.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:34:16 am »
3 of the voting sites are already linked with Votifier, right? Maybe Optical could just use a Votifier listener to reward the diamonds. You would be able keep some functionality of the vote buttons, such as the in-game vote reminder, but the rewards will just be handled via Votifier.

Few downsides to this is that the top voter list would be broken, as it wouldn't be an accurate indication of votes (unless it can somehow be hooked into Votifier). You could only be rewarded by 3 of the sites. And you could only receive the diamonds if you're in-game (unless you find a listener which supports offline voting).

Just food for thought. This seems like the only feasible option.

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 05:27:20 pm »
Im sure the developers can get something that tracks when diamonds are rewarded that gets it in the top voter list. also great idea, probrobley make the other site non-rewarded.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 05:40:55 pm »
From what I've heard from opti is that they are just checking that you actually a user, but he hasn't connected to votifier
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 11:41:18 am »
Checking if you're actually a user? How would that stop people from abusing voting?
From what I was told, Votifier is currently being used to log votes that are actually made via the 3 sites linked with Votifier, and at the end of the month, Optical counts the logged votes from top voters to check for cheated votes.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:39:35 am »
Has he told you this? Because I haven't seen him state that anywhere
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 05:00:42 am »
Why not have votifier determine whether you get the diamonds or not instead of just logging who has voted?

---><--- Click the monkey

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 06:30:16 am »
Has he told you this? Because I haven't seen him state that anywhere
I talked to Nyssa at the time of this, when she was Admin, and that's what she said.

Why not have votifier determine whether you get the diamonds or not instead of just logging who has voted?
That's what I'm saying.

Roza

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:09 pm »
first I have been a top voter and my computer skills don't allow me to have an automated voting thing happen, second I try to complete the verification process on all voting sites, after I have voted for all allowable votes.  If I can't figure out what those wavy letters are after three tries I give up , but yes I still got my diamond and my vote still counts towards top voter rewards.

If you tie the diamond and top voter counts into completing those verifiers I have no problem with that.  I think its an excellent idea.  However before accusing voters who get perfect voting records of cheating, you need to have evidence and proof that that has actually happened and privately take it to admin.  This way u don't paint all top voters with the same brush.

GR

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 10:33:21 pm »
Checking if you're actually a user? How would that stop people from abusing voting?
From what I was told, Votifier is currently being used to log votes that are actually made via the 3 sites linked with Votifier, and at the end of the month, Optical counts the logged votes from top voters to check for cheated votes.
Well I know of a few people who won top voter without filling out one single capcha so I doubt this is how he does it. As far as I am aware we dont use votifier for anything, opti said he was working on it a few months back but i feel that's done with.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 01:46:32 am »
I want to question the validity of the Captcha on the first site. I made a typing error while filling out a Captcha a couple of times and it still went through, not sure if that affects anything but I thought it should be looked at.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 02:28:53 am »
I want to question the validity of the Captcha on the first site. I made a typing error while filling out a Captcha a couple of times and it still went through, not sure if that affects anything but I thought it should be looked at.
Thats how some are set up, they accept a margin of error.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:37 am »
Well I know of a few people who won top voter without filling out one single capcha so I doubt this is how he does it. As far as I am aware we dont use votifier for anything, opti said he was working on it a few months back but i feel that's done with.
Yeah, well maybe at the time of being told that he was working on it. I still think Votifier is a good alternative and should be strongly considered.

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 11:47:46 am »
3 of the voting sites are already linked with Votifier, right? Maybe Optical could just use a Votifier listener to reward the diamonds. You would be able keep some functionality of the vote buttons, such as the in-game vote reminder, but the rewards will just be handled via Votifier.

Few downsides to this is that the top voter list would be broken, as it wouldn't be an accurate indication of votes (unless it can somehow be hooked into Votifier). You could only be rewarded by 3 of the sites. And you could only receive the diamonds if you're in-game (unless you find a listener which supports offline voting).

Just food for thought. This seems like the only feasible option.

I think that the fourth site without votifier should be removed and that optical should use only votifier for the other three.