May 04, 2024, 01:14:22 pm

Author Topic: /warp factions  (Read 7471 times)

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
/warp factions
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:36:49 am »
Most likely, this has been suggested before, however, I really think it would be cool if we added it :D Anyway, I have explored many smp server, like opticraft, that has a /warp factions. I feel getting a /warp factions would make it really awesome! As you know, the basic rules of factions, pvp, griefing, raiding, and stealing are all Allowed! Why? you ask. It just is. Obviously, some new plugins would be needed, and a lot of work would be put into this. Yay! More work *sarcastic*. I'm sure a lot of you think this, but it will be worth it, I tell you! We would obviously need to make another world just for this factions warp.

Best Regards,

~Frogsrock12
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
Re: /warp factions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:51:37 am »
Even if they did make one people would rage quit when they die, losing players.

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:15:41 am »
Well then, couldn't we make a rule book there that says "Absolutely NO freaking out if ur house gets griefed. It'll then be their problem, not ours
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:27:11 am »
this would also have a change of drawing in "unwanted" types of players also most servers with this are just faction server you rarely have smp and and factions on one server

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 07:23:40 am »
Even if they did make one people would rage quit when they die, losing players.

By this logic, we might as well remove lava from the game. Maybe creepers too?

this would also have a change of drawing in "unwanted" types of players also most servers with this are just faction server you rarely have smp and and factions on one server

This is simply not true.

That said, I have no opinion one way or the other on this.

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:38:43 am »
This is a great example it would make opti more unique it is like when someone goes eww you dont eat doritos with strawberry jam (two things I love) then you say ooo never seen factions with smp how odd and unique. You see people might love it or hate it. Btw I aggree with the no creepers and lava (it would be so funny to see the nether naked without lava) but the problem is that on opti there are alot of towns with ctive people so you you might be strolling in the streets of opti then someone comes and kills but maybe ops and admin coul add like a protection stone but a no pvp stone so you cant kill in your town. Although opti would be very DANGEROUSif there was factions because isnt factions pvp and dont see why you should have factions without pvp

Hola.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »
No no no no no...just...no. Think about it more guys.

1. A lot of people came here BECAUSE there are no factions or PvP in the main worlds.
2. We lack manpower for creative server. Faction server? No difference.
3. Just no.
4. Factions can cause a serious shitload of whining.
5. More rules to make, more buildings and spawns to build and more server to build and no.
6. No.
7. Remember how badly we all wanted PvP for over a year and a half? Well nobody even uses it. It would be a shame for all this work to be put into factions and have the same thing happen.

5 legitimate reasons for no faction. I am against this idea, sorry.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »
No no no no no...just...no. Think about it more guys.

1. A lot of people came here BECAUSE there are no factions or PvP in the main worlds.
3. Just no.
5. More rules to make, more buildings and spawns to build and more server to build and no.
6. No.
7. Remember how badly we all wanted PvP for over a year and a half? Well nobody even uses it. It would be a shame for all this work to be put into factions and have the same thing happen.

5 legitimate reasons for no faction. I am against this idea, sorry.

1. And a lot of people left since Opticraft has stayed strictly smp with little to no changes, and it's currently doing us no justice.

2. That may or may not be a problem depending on what they say.

4. And pvp didn't cause that? Are we afraid to change because people might "whine" at us? (Which shows that we're
really not even up for the challenge) As if we don't know how to handle such people.

5. So we shouldn't do it because it involves work. Even if the workers are willing, such as I.

7. Correction: people wanted pvp over a year and a half before pvp finally came out. Most of those people probably got tired of waiting. Especially in hind-sight that it would take a year and a half before the pvp arenas were made just to appease the few who stayed and still wanted them. Btw, we also had a lot more people on over a year ago than we do today, which would explain the amount of requests back then to the lack of people in pvp today. And as said before, we waited too long to add pvp.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:09:25 pm by UnknownHedgehog »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »
3. Just no.
6. No.

This isn't constructive at all, and while it may be a joke, its only effect is to make the submitter feel bad. I'd rather you didn't do things like that.

As to your more "valid" criticisms.

1. Nothing in this suggestion includes adding factions or PvP in the current main worlds.

2. Faction servers are much more easy to moderate (No griefing/water/lava placing), and it would be no different to opening a new world. Really, we just need someone with a day to spare to set it up, which I believe we currently can "just about" spare.

4. You're whining about how we're going to get whiners? ...Right

5. I can think of plenty of great builders on this server who would jump at the challenge to make a spawn, and a few who already have. I'm not even going to answer the "new rules to make". I'd hope that nobody was ever put off by having to copy and paste some rules, then delete the "no griefing" one.

7. Partly what Hedgie said. We did wait too long. Also the fact that due to the restriction on what the admins could do at the time, the result was well... A bit vanilla for some people's liking.

And honestly, since 3/5 of your "no"s revolve around work, I don't see why you're complaining. If Nick or Tobs or even Opti came and said the same thing, then yeah, sure, I can accept that. But you don't need to do anything at all. Hell, you don't even need to play it.

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 07:05:36 pm »

4. You're whining about how we're going to get whiners? ...Right

This is something that will happen. It has already happened when the areana's were added. Shit goes down. people get pissed, people leave. Its something that is always looked over, as not being important.

EVERY SINGLE FACTION SERVER I have been part of, has gone under in under 3 months. they cause nothing but raging and hurt. Sure maybe if people were reasonable and didn't expect to keep everything all the time it would be better. But Someone always goes to far, camps someones base, nukes it, steals everything, trolls the other person. Pritty soon its a shitstorm of hate.

Remember minecraft is played by a vast number of younger audiences, that don't take well to their stuff being destroyed or taken. And the server simply does not have the population to spare a few leaving. If anything it should be started and advertised but not made public to the server until after a month or so, when the factions have their own healthy population.
Factions is a terrible idea unless we can pull off something completely different. which would require custom plugins and management. 
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »
I'm against this.
The only way I can see this benefiting the server is that it would bring new players in. However, it'll attract the types of players we don't want on the server. If we are going to implement something new it would have to fit in with the co-operative atmosphere that SMP has. So basically, I don't want the server to attract griefers and whatnot.
So I'm definitely against it.
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

394_TheFinalOne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 04:02:47 pm »
I don't mean to be negative or anything, but this could be a huge attraction and excuse for griefers. A griefer could go into the normal world, and then their excuse could be "I am so sorry, I thought I was in the factions warp! Please don't ban me!" That would just cause too much confusion and such.
      Although a factions warp would be fun, and if it didn't attract so many griefers, I would 100% support this. However, there are griefers out there that exist, and we don't want to put so much pressure on the staff members. Imagine how hard it would be to decide whether to ban that player or not because they "didn't know". I'd like to hear more reasons why we should/shouldn't have it :D
^^The Young One^^