May 08, 2024, 02:44:06 pm

Author Topic: Finished my PC Build!  (Read 5500 times)

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Finished my PC Build!
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard:  MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($98.10 @ NCIX US)
Memory:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage:  Toshiba  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($14.99 @ Amazon)
Case:  Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive:  LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit)  ($99.98 @ Best Buy)
Keyboard:  Logitech G105 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1033.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-13 17:44 EST-0500)

On Monday I finished building my PC and I decided to share some pics of the experience though I am kinda lacking since I forgot to take pictures once I got rollin. It was surprisingly easy, the hardest part being the CPU cooler which is easy enough if you have common sense and can read. Its been performing well but I am on the road and wont be back until Wednesday so I wont be able to post anything else pertaining to it until then. I havent been able to play many games or even download them but I was able to run Bioshock Infinite maxed out at 60fps with ease. Im pretty pleased with the case though I do plan to go back and redo a little bit of my cable management. I already overclocked my CPU to 4ghz and that has been working well. Also special thanks to Nick for helping me out with the build especially the CPU cooler! If anyone has any suggestions or things that I could change in the build please do say so. I have a third monitor though I need to get a DVI cable and that wont come until I get back at the least. Overall after I had posted, this only took 2 hours which is a lot shorter than I anticipated.

(click to show/hide)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Finished my PC Build!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:02:53 pm »
"You are too young to have a gaming PC"

-my dad

And now I see this. And I can only stare and be jealous...
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:47 am »
Ya that cpu cooler can be a bitch, I have the hyper 212 plus (not the evo) and the directions it coems with are pretty much useless lol.

Also I'm curious as to why you overclocked your cpu? If your main focus is gaming, no game out will come close to maxing out that 4670k
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:46:20 am »
Ya that cpu cooler can be a bitch, I have the hyper 212 plus (not the evo) and the directions it coems with are pretty much useless lol.

Also I'm curious as to why you overclocked your cpu? If your main focus is gaming, no game out will come close to maxing out that 4670k
If the performance is there, why not use it?

EDIT: Ya the cooler was a pain. My first mobo was DOA so I had to do it twice :/

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 02:36:49 am »

EDIT: Ya the cooler was a pain. My first mobo was DOA so I had to do it twice :/
Well my point is that you wont be using the extra performance, and that sucks, I have yet to get a DOA part.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:43:17 am »
I see we're both rocking the Crucial Ballistix memory lol. Good work, hell of a computer

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:50:13 am »

Well my point is that you wont be using the extra performance, and that sucks, I have yet to get a DOA part.
Luckily I live about 30 minutes away from a Microcenter so I was able to get it fixed the next day.

Quinton_P

• Smp Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:01:44 am »
Hey Chipaton, I think Im going to build your PC, Ive never really build a computer or anything before, Do you think its easy to start out with?
~~Live On~~

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 02:16:01 am »
Dang, I need that. My computer is slow enough already.
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 03:52:53 am »
Shits boss.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 03:25:32 am »
Hey Chipaton, I think Im going to build your PC, Ive never really build a computer or anything before, Do you think its easy to start out with?
Do you mean this build, or the one I suggested earlier? But honestly it is 100 times easier than I thought. Ever.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 03:41:21 am »
Like Legos for geeks. The only real pain in the ass is wiring which most motherboards have instructions for. I didn't really "build" my pc but i've replaced most of the components inside; power supply, case, graphics card, and cpu. It's alot easier than it looks. If you're scared of breaking anything then just be gentle with it.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »
Like Legos for geeks. The only real pain in the ass is wiring which most motherboards have instructions for. I didn't really "build" my pc but i've replaced most of the components inside; power supply, case, graphics card, and cpu. It's alot easier than it looks. If you're scared of breaking anything then just be gentle with it.
The wiring was easy for me. My case has the cables labeled, and the booklet that came with my mobo was simple to read. Wiring took me approximately 20 minutes.