May 02, 2024, 08:54:09 pm

Author Topic: Bans  (Read 2926 times)

Errolcat.

• View Profile
Bans
« on: February 10, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »
I personally think there should be more ban types, and more roll-back options. I recently had my animal and crop farms destroyed by a certain someone, who knows exactly who they are, and I feel that there should be an option for rolling back animals, and getting banned for killing animals in an obviously enclosed area. But that is just my opinion; what do you think?

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
Re: Bans
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:13:15 pm »
Mobs cannot be rolled back, as far as I know. There is no real way to prove you had the animals unless you took a screenshot which could be abused since the mob-owners could kill them after taking the pic.
IG - @oem_moses

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:37:04 pm »
There aren't any "ban types," and if the staff had an option to rollback mobs, they would.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Errolcat.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:58 pm »
I know that mobs can't be rolled back, but I think people who create the mods for Opticraft should make an add-on for the plugin used to roll-back areas, that rolls back entities as well.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »
Sorry but logblock can only roll back blocks
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:02:51 am »
I know that mobs can't be rolled back, but I think people who create the mods for Opticraft should make an add-on for the plugin used to roll-back areas, that rolls back entities as well.

there's really 2 main issues with rolling back entities

1) There's no way of tracking entities short of adding each one to a database and doing complex math to track their locations 24/7 which would bog down the server to the point it's unplayable. not to mention keeping track of who kills what entities.

2) there's no way to claim ownership of an entity, and putting one in an enclosed space doesn't actually make it your entity, you're more so just impeding the flow of the entity until u decide to kill it than anything else.

while it sucks this is the cold hard truth....
if you want to keep your entities safer do like i did, bury a bunch around your property, that way when a griefer comes along and kills them all, u can just dig up a couple and repopulate, because lets face it clicking a cow with wheat isn't hard enough to warrant an op using eggs and the only time it really sucks is when they kill "all" of your entities.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Mr_Babyeater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 09:52:59 am »
Transitioning to this wouldn't be too hard - http://discover-prism.com/ - logging plugins aren't that intensive and this one offers the ability to import Logblock data to a new, superior rollback system. I could see this saving staff a lot of time and effort, just in the complaints department. This all being said with my respect to the Staff and Administration in the server.

Best Regards,
-Mr_B

there's really 2 main issues with rolling back entities

1) There's no way of tracking entities short of adding each one to a database and doing complex math to track their locations 24/7 which would bog down the server to the point it's unplayable. not to mention keeping track of who kills what entities.

2) there's no way to claim ownership of an entity, and putting one in an enclosed space doesn't actually make it your entity, you're more so just impeding the flow of the entity until u decide to kill it than anything else.

while it sucks this is the cold hard truth....
if you want to keep your entities safer do like i did, bury a bunch around your property, that way when a griefer comes along and kills them all, u can just dig up a couple and repopulate, because lets face it clicking a cow with wheat isn't hard enough to warrant an op using eggs and the only time it really sucks is when they kill "all" of your entities.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:55:24 am by Mr_Babyeater »