May 02, 2024, 08:59:41 pm

Author Topic: Wither fighting arena  (Read 9294 times)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Wither fighting arena
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 07:15:42 pm »
I think this has more problems than it's worth, the current price is something to work towards and it isn't meant to be easy.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59:10 pm »
I think this has more problems than it's worth, the current price is something to work towards and it isn't meant to be easy.

also if we were to remove the ability to sell them it would pretty much be a slap to the face of anyone who bought a beacon on the premise that they could sell it back if they needed the money in the future
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 05:37:58 am »
How about we disable the actual crafting of beacons? I've seen (waaaay back then) tekkit servers that disabled crafting of certain items for purposes similar to this.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »
How about we disable the actual crafting of beacons? I've seen (waaaay back then) tekkit servers that disabled crafting of certain items for purposes similar to this.
Sooooo...your saying all you gain a special star which you can't place? Thats the point in coding all of this..just for that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:06:17 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »
If this is going to happen I would like to see it happen like this.

Players must gather the wither skulls themselves.
Warp to fighting area, then battle the wither by themselves.
If wither wins it despawns.
If players wins he gets star.

Player must re-gather skulls to attempt again. 

Also take skulls out of market.

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »
i agree

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 06:08:33 pm »
I talked to a few people on Mumble about something like this, when the beacon stuff was released. It went pretty much how VoreReznor said it.

1. If a player has 3 wither skulls in their inventory, they type /witherbattle or whatever.
2. They get teleported to a 200x200 world where the wither spawns in 10 seconds or so, giving the player time to prepare.
3. If they kill it, they have 5 minutes to collect the star before they're teleported to their old position, and the world is deleted. If they're killed, the'll also be teleported to their old position, and the world deleted ready for the next person.

There's obviously a lot of coding involved there, and lots of things that could go wrong. Not to mention the creating and deleting worlds on the fly, could cause a lot of lag and other server performance issues. It's an interesting concept, though.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 04:08:38 pm »
I talked to a few people on Mumble about something like this, when the beacon stuff was released. It went pretty much how VoreReznor said it.

1. If a player has 3 wither skulls in their inventory, they type /witherbattle or whatever.
2. They get teleported to a 200x200 world where the wither spawns in 10 seconds or so, giving the player time to prepare.
3. If they kill it, they have 5 minutes to collect the star before they're teleported to their old position, and the world is deleted. If they're killed, the'll also be teleported to their old position, and the world deleted ready for the next person.

There's obviously a lot of coding involved there, and lots of things that could go wrong. Not to mention the creating and deleting worlds on the fly, could cause a lot of lag and other server performance issues. It's an interesting concept, though.

I like this idea apart from wither skulls are hard to get and some people want the. For decor etc.. Also as you said the constant deleting of a world could add to server lag which is another thing not to mention we don't have an active coder...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:42:32 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:07 pm »
Who is going to code all this :p

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »

also if we were to remove the ability to sell them it would pretty much be a slap to the face of anyone who bought a beacon on the premise that they could sell it back if they needed the money in the future

Kascas.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

Kascas.

Kansas aka alpha_site has pretty much disappeared though :/

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 05:41:49 pm »

Kascas.

Kansas aka alpha_site has pretty much disappeared though :/
It still wouldnt be fair to remove him of over 5mil$ worth of beacons