May 06, 2024, 06:30:36 am

Author Topic: I just love the spam vote messages.  (Read 9077 times)

Megamoltar

• View Profile
I just love the spam vote messages.
« on: January 15, 2014, 03:52:52 pm »

Just lovely.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
Re: I just love the spam vote messages.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
Fabulous.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »
Try voting.

Megamoltar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:26 pm »
Takes too much time, doing nothing is more important anyways. :3

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:00:57 pm »
It doesn't spam, you just took a picture of chat when no one was talking so the only thing in chat was the vote messages, you then tried to play it off as if we were trying to spam people to vote. Nice try.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:16 pm »
doing nothing is more important anyways.
*sigh*

---><--- Click the monkey

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:20 pm »
It doesn't spam, you just took a picture of chat when no one was talking so the only thing in chat was the vote messages, you then tried to play it off as if we were trying to spam people to vote. Nice try.

though this does blow it outa proportion cuz it's not nearly that bad.... it is rather annoying to see it constantly.... especially when i know im eligible to vote and choosing not to....

so yea.... would b cool if there was a way to turn off server notifications like we had back on classic... just saying.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:23 pm »

though this does blow it outa proportion cuz it's not nearly that bad.... it is rather annoying to see it constantly.... especially when i know im eligible to vote and choosing not to....

so yea.... would b cool if there was a way to turn off server notifications like we had back on classic... just saying.
If you could turn it off that would defeat the purpose of it.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »

If someone is determined not to vote, sending them a message every 5 minutes won't help.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 12:02:37 am »
Why wouldn't someone vote?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 12:30:14 am »

If someone is determined not to vote, sending them a message every 5 minutes won't help.
It's not meant for the people who are determined not to vote, its meant for those who will vote because they see it or are annoyed by it.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 01:28:21 am »

It's not meant for the people who are determined not to vote, its meant for those who will vote because they see it or are annoyed by it.

Actually at this point I barely notice it so it kinda defeats it's own purpose because of it
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 04:06:29 am »
It works on me >:I every time I see it, I'm just like "Fuck it, I'll vote. >.<" doesn't bother me much though.

Megamoltar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 11:55:02 pm »

Nick that was over the a period of 2 minutes. It was about 1 message every thirty seconds. It was just a bit spammy on my screen is all.

Besides, Its's not that I'm determined not to vote, it's just that I don't want to go and do something to get diamonds I don't use, instead of building, or even talking to someone on the server.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:57:32 pm by Megamoltar »

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 12:23:50 am »
I'm pretty sure it doesn't send a message every 30 seconds. That being said, it is something that can easily be ignored if the chat is moving at a decent rate. It doesn't take a lot of your time to vote, a couple of minutes at most, and the votes do help keep where you're playing up.

As nick said, the only reason it looks like that is because nobody was talking. Everybody gets the same amount of messages, it's up to you if you ignore them or not.