May 04, 2024, 07:52:32 pm

Author Topic: MoTD UpDate  (Read 5147 times)

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
MoTD UpDate
« on: January 13, 2014, 04:37:13 am »
So like it says in the title, i think the MoTD (Motto Of The Day) needs a bit of an improvment.
You can Use \a00A7l to make it bold and more inviting and \n to start a new line.
also More colors would be good. just thought it looked a bit sad compared to the other servers in my multiplayer menu. thanks for reading. hope this can be taken into consideration ;D
 - Trigger
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:03:59 am by XztriggerhappyzX »

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: MoTD UpDate
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:10:21 am »
I feel like this'd be something really easy for optical to change if he wanted to or felt the need.

but maybe you should give some alternative examples of a MotD  which you feel would be more appropriate for him to take into consideration.

it's one thing to just copy and paste a new MotD but i'm sure he has better things to do then spend time pondering over how to improve a line of text so maybe you could help him out there.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

XzTriggerHappyzX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:05:37 am »
ok i see.
EX. ==OPTICRAFT== [1.7.2+] SMP
[NOW WITH PvP ARENA]

idk something like that with the 'NOW WITH PvP ARENA" on the sencond line, using the \n

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 08:53:27 am »
Please, no.. More colours != better. I personally don't wanna be bombarded with rainbows when I join the server. Keep it simple.

XzTriggerHappyzX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:15:20 am »
i do agree that i used too many colors on that example but i was trying to get farward the point that most servers Motd's do look like that and they are meant to get your attention and make you want to play more. But Still The Currant motd still needs more then 2 colors and 2 "words"

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:33 pm »
ok i see.
[NOW WITH PvP ARENA]

idk something like that with the 'NOW WITH PvP ARENA" on the sencond line, using the \n

Not a pvp arena, a ghost arena.

---><--- Click the monkey

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 11:54:53 pm »
ok i see.
[NOW WITH PvP ARENA]

Remember the suggestions board from early to mid-late 2012? Makes me laugh when I see PVP areas empty.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 08:50:37 am »
ok i see.
[NOW WITH PvP ARENA]

Remember the suggestions board from early to mid-late 2012? Makes me laugh when I see PVP areas empty.

well lets be honest salsa the pvp areas we have were really made to shut those people up.... not to implement a pvp system.... but that's another topic  :P
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:59 am »
ok i see.
[NOW WITH PvP ARENA]

well lets be honest salsa the pvp areas we have were really made to shut those people up.... not to implement a pvp system.... but that's another topic  :P

We also don't have the 100+ people on daily as we did in mid-late 2012, so that would also explain lack of people in pvp. And honestly, those people who suggested it probably got tired of waiting/hoping it'd happen (considering in hindsight it'd be about a year later that arenas are made).

XzTriggerHappyzX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 10:47:05 am »
Even just making the current MoTD Bold would make it look professional. thanks guys
 - Trigger