May 19, 2024, 04:06:45 pm

Author Topic: New Plugin  (Read 2365 times)

DoubleNarr

• View Profile
New Plugin
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:29:12 am »
Get McMMo

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:03:20 am »
It's usually a good idea to elaborate on your suggestion. Simply saying we should get a plugin will usually end in the suggestion being rejected.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:43:15 am »
Hi, while McMMO is a great plugin, adding it to this sever has been discussed before.

Here and Here and in the middle of this topic.

However, I will happily elaborate why I personally believe that adding McMMO (Or some sort of other progression based plugin) would be great for the server. The simple reason is, people love progression. They love to be top. They love the ideas of slowly gaining rewards as they work on something. Just look at how popular Call of Duty has been. People play the same game 10 times, just to get a shiny badge.

Features such as the "power level" (Total score of all your McMMO levels), would bring a competitive feel to Opticraft that we haven't really got at the moment.

Some people play Minecraft to build, some to play the game. I personally believe that adding McMMO would encourage those who play the game, just to play, to stick around longer than they otherwise might. Survival is all great and good, but when you have 4 free diamonds a day, it's not really "that" difficult.

That said, McMMO is a beast of a plugin, and every option would need to be heavily considered and balanced. Using McMMO is walking on the fine line between too boring on one side, overpowered on the other.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 11:35:54 pm »
Hi, while McMMO is a great plugin, adding it to this sever has been discussed before.

Here and Here and in the middle of this topic.

However, I will happily elaborate why I personally believe that adding McMMO (Or some sort of other progression based plugin) would be great for the server. The simple reason is, people love progression. They love to be top. They love the ideas of slowly gaining rewards as they work on something. Just look at how popular Call of Duty has been. People play the same game 10 times, just to get a shiny badge.

Features such as the "power level" (Total score of all your McMMO levels), would bring a competitive feel to Opticraft that we haven't really got at the moment.

Some people play Minecraft to build, some to play the game. I personally believe that adding McMMO would encourage those who play the game, just to play, to stick around longer than they otherwise might. Survival is all great and good, but when you have 4 free diamonds a day, it's not really "that" difficult.

That said, McMMO is a beast of a plugin, and every option would need to be heavily considered and balanced. Using McMMO is walking on the fine line between too boring on one side, overpowered on the other.
To be fair, my understanding is that we're meant to be a very loose survival. And we're supposed to be easy.

Besides it WORKS for our server. Not to be pessimistic about the world but in this day and age, with the lack of patience most kids have, most kids under 14 don't like challenges. They just want to have everything right away so they can do stuff easily. Because they're too lazy to work for it. That's just the way I perceive it.

Besides, we can suggest thousands of plugins on here but I personally expect 99.99% to be shot down because we don't want to alter our current, functional system too much. We have an economy. We have a market. We have a pvp arena. Everything is easy to get within a few days or weeks. I don't really see why anyone would be bothered to consider other options for plugins since our current ones work just fine. Plus, implementing these plugins goes through a combination process of approval, effort and time. I'm sure the staff have other things they have to worry about releasing and these things are definitely going to take them a while to sort out.

That's just my opinion and that's basically what i expect to hear anyways. I most likely predict we aren't going to significantly change the server with some new plugin. Just saying.